Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/12/2010 7:21:33 AM EDT
I've been working on my M4gery build. I've got a badger latch on her right now, but I was wondering how are the BCM Gunfighter charging handle.... Do they work any smoother than a standard latch? I usually use my secondary hand and either use the pinch, or palm methiod to charge the weapon....

And while I'm at it... How is the BCM bolt carriers? Again, are they any smoother/more accurate than a mil spec bolt carrier? I am kind of in the market for these parts and can use my old BCG and charging handle on an old carbine build.

What do you use for BCG and chargers, what is the best for an M4 type? Thanks.

pics of my builds just for fun to follow....

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/speedinc2/DCP_6804.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/speedinc2/DCP_6803.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/speedinc2/DCP_6802.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/speedinc2/DCP_6801.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/speedinc2/DCP_6806.jpg
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:49:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I use Rock River Arms, can do the standard or Chrome
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:53:55 AM EDT
[#2]
If you use a one handed technique to "sweep" the CH to the rear, then the Gunfighter is for you.

I have one on my duty rifle. I don't think it's as smooth as the stock CH, but it should hold up better to abuse.

As for the bolt carrier, the BCM model gets very high marks. It's a mil-spec quality part, as is the Spike's Tactical offering. Both will feature proper key staking, which is (IMO) the most important thing on any bolt carrier. I don't know if the BCM or ST will be any "smoother/more accurate," but they definitely will provide lasting durability and reliability––both of which are more important that aesthetics and accuracy, in a combat rifle.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:56:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you use a one handed technique to "sweep" the CH to the rear, then the Gunfighter is for you.

I have one on my duty rifle. I don't think it's as smooth as the stock CH, but it should hold up better to abuse.

What size gunfighter do you use, right now I'm leaning on the meduim.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:10:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got the medium.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:22:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Gun fighter charging handle is specially designed to be super strong and not bend with time using the palm edge technique.  they are good to go.

a better BCG isnt going to do anything for your smoothness or accuracy, except a M16 BCG will be heavier which might effect your recoil and smoothness.  

Any standard BCG that is milspec and tested is good, BCM, Spikes, Colt whatever...

I recommend the spikes enhanced NiB BCG.

I like your color fill btw.. can we get a better pic of that?

whatd you use?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:39:42 AM EDT
[#6]
+1 for BCM BCG and medium charging handle.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:38:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Must be a rhetorical question, you already know the answer.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:50:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Your receiver extension nut is on backwards.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:27:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

BCM.  Enough said.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:27:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yep..it sure is.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:49:57 AM EDT
[#11]
BCM carrier and Gunfighter Mod 4 CH  (medium).
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:24:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

OOPS! Embarrassing!

I just changed from a one point sling, to the Viking Tactical two point. So I switched the rear receiver plate yesterday, and accidentally put the nut on backwards.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:38:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I like your color fill btw.. can we get a better pic of that?

whatd you use?

Thanks, I just used model pain. Colored over the roll marks with a q––tip, and wiped off the excess with a cleaning patch. Then I used break free on a gun patch to clean off the stain around the roll mark. It works pretty well if you don't use metallic paint.

I'll have pics to come, photobucket is not wanting to upload for me right now for some reason.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:40:44 PM EDT
[#14]
The gunfighter mod 4 is a much better design than the standard handle with an added tac latch.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 3:31:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The gunfighter mod 4 is a much better design than the standard handle with an added tac latch.

I've got a badger latch on her right now, is it that much better, than the badger?

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 3:52:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got a badger latch on her right now, is it that much better, than the badger?

It's a much more robust design.  I went from a badger to an LMT tac latch.  Then received the BCM.  Never looked back.  I have had opportunities to run many different ones side by said in a shot period of time during a malfunction clearing drill.  The shape of the latch is much better than the badger.

The only way to be certain is to try one for yourself.  I'm sure you'll have no problem selling it if you don't like it.  But I have a feeling you'll be getting rid of the badger once you get a BCM.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:58:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

BCM.  Enough said.

Yup.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:37:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Make sure any BCG you buy is properly staked and I am a big fan of Magnetic Particle Imaging Testing (MPI).  I like barrels and bcgs that have been MPI tested.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top