Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2003 9:44:35 AM EDT
Good afternoon guy’s
I would like to change out my collapsible stock and install a full length A2 stock.
How do you remove the carbine stock, it looks like there is a jamb nut that keeps the stock tube from unscrewing. I wrenched on it a bit….but it seems tight - was afraid of breaking something. Is the jamb nut how it comes off?
Also, if I go with a new stock, I may replace all the furniture with a new color – any recommendations on suppliers?
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 10:08:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Minnesota-Jim :

I just removed my COLT 4 Position Collapsable and installed an ACE LTD M4 SOCOM collapsable.  I ordered a DPMS "multi-tool" thing type wrench which had 2 tabs which helped me get that thing apart (I had to have my wife hold the rifle against the table and hit the DPMS tool w/ a hammer to get it to break free).  After that it was a piece of cake installing the ACE stock.  I don't know about the A2 stock.  Hope this helps some.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Use the CAR stock wrench; pick one up from Bushmaster or DPMS.

Give Calvary Arms a call on the furniture.  They've got every color under the rainbow.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 11:06:15 AM EDT
[#3]
First off, remove the buffer and buffer spring.  Check and see if the retaining nut is staked on.  Once you have the retaining nut loosened a bit SLOWLY slide the retaining plate back.  There is a small spring at the lower right hand side (looking at the rear of the rifle, as if you were shooting), that will shoot across the room if you take the plate off to fast.  This is for the rear takedown pin detent.  Once you have the retainging plate backed off and the spring secured slowly rotate the whole stock counter clock wise to remove the buffer tube.  Again there will be a spring and detent that will go flying across the room if you do this to quickly.  This is the Buffer detent.  Once that detent and spring is secured, the buffer tube should unscrew and you are halfway home.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top