Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2005 11:46:14 AM EDT
Just went out and bought my first Bushmaster XM15-E2S A3 model. It came with, WHAT LOOKED LIKE, a telescopic stock. However it is a fixed positioned stock. In fact by looking at it, you would think it slided in and out. So I bought a real telescopic stock that looks exactly like the original, although I dont think it is a bushmaster. Both new and original stocks appear to be the same size.

Question: In the original stock, the Buffer Assemble is is twice as long as the one that came with the new stock. The spring in the original stock is about 1 inch longer and seems to be a little more heavy duty than what has come with the new stock.

Can I use the original Buffer Assembly and Spring with the new stock?

One last question....Upon taking off the original stock, a small pin (about 1/4 inch long) fell out from  some where. I beleive it is a small hole where I screw back the new stock.  Not sure. Can you tell me where it goes....or better yet, show me a picture?

I did not see a spring that everyone has worned me about.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:37:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Do not use the internal parts of the fixed stock. Use the parts for the tele stock that came with it. Where are you in AZ? Charles the Gunsmith.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:49:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Tucson.

I have one or two additional questions. You local? Local number?

Actually, I dont mind calling long distance if I can speak to someone who knows what they are talking about.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:08:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
One last question....Upon taking off the original stock, a small pin (about 1/4 inch long) fell out from  some where. I beleive it is a small hole where I screw back the new stock.  Not sure. Can you tell me where it goes....or better yet, show me a picture? I did not see a spring that everyone has worned me about.

Like mentioned above, use the NEW hardware that came with your new stock. Do NOT use the old buffer or spring, as they are NOT designed for telestocks.

There will be two things to look for:

One is the rear takedown pin spring and detent. They go in the tiny hole to the right of the large threaded hole that your buffer tube screws into (layman's terms ). See it? The detent is put in first, then the spring. The spring is compressed into the hole when you put the stock on. Be sure that it does not bend over and get smashed in between the stock and the lower receiver.

The second thing is the buffer retainer. Its spring fits down into the hole at the front of the large threaded hole that your buffer tube screws into. The buffer retainer sits on top of the spring. It looks like a miniature thimble with a pin sticking up out of it. See it? When you screw in your stocks buffer tube, depress the buffer retainer slightly, and thread the buffer tube in until it OVERLAPS the buffer retainer. This is what keeps the buffer retainer in place.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top