Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 8:44:44 PM EDT
I seached and looked at the headspacing section and I still did not find an answer to my question.

So, If I change only the upper from an A2 to a flat top, do I need to check the headspacing?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:48:44 PM EDT
[#1]
the headspace has to do with the bolt and the barrel ( distence ) if you use the same barrel and bolt you will not have any problems. However it is never a bad idea to check it. But if it works now changing the upper will not change the headspace at all

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:06:21 PM EDT
[#2]
so if I buy a new upper assembly and purchase a new bolt and carrier group will I need to headspace?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:15:49 PM EDT
[#3]
That is correct.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:30:09 PM EDT
[#4]
is that a yes i need to or no i don't
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:39:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
so if I buy a new upper assembly and purchase a new bolt and carrier group will I need to headspace?

I think if you were to buy a new complete upper with bolt carrier group they come headspaced from the builders shop.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top