Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/6/2003 10:14:05 AM EDT
. . . to the ACOG forum.  There have been multiple requests to have an AIMPOINT and EoTech FAQ post tacked to the top but so far only the mighty ACOG messages are.  Hidden agenda here?
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 11:17:19 AM EDT
[#1]
In all honesty, EOTechs and Aimpoints only come in a few generic flavors.  There's the 1MOA dot, or the 1MOA/65MOA dot/circle on the EOTech, and the simple 4MOA dot on the Aimpoint.  Then the only other choices you have are "N" battery vs. "AA" battery and NV compatible vs. non-NV compatible on the EOTech, and NV compatible vs. non-NV compatible on the Aimpoint.  Other than that there are no magnification differences, eye relief differences, reticle differences, BAC vs. non-BAC differences, FOV differences, etc., etc., etc. like with the ACOGs.  Not to mention full-size vs. compact.

I hear where you're coming from, however I think both these sights are self explanatory.

Link Posted: 9/7/2003 7:19:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
. . . to the ACOG forum.  There have been multiple requests to have an AIMPOINT and EoTech FAQ post tacked to the top but so far only the mighty ACOG messages are.  Hidden agenda here?
View Quote

I wonder why this is???  Hummmmmmm [;D]
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 7:38:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Have already had the Aimpoint vs. Eotech thread from hell ... so what more needs to be discussed LOL!

In my case the limited stock of ACOGs and number of greatly different options required most of the initial comparisions to be made by discussion, while at any good gun show or weekend shoot you can see and/or use both the Aimpoint and Eotech.

Link Posted: 9/7/2003 8:06:52 AM EDT
[#4]
A general optics FAQ is in the works and we have some very well informed members working on different sections. With the Aimpoint vs EoTech thread reaching, what was it... 10 pages, and the ACOG thread reaching 5, I hope you can understand what a monumental task this is.

When people want to look towards getting an ACOG, theyare faced with literally dozens of models and twice as many questions about each.

As someone already stated, there's not a whole lot to know about Aimpoint, EoTechs or Reflex's. They are pretty simple optics and their simplicity is one of their greatest strengths. But we answer questions about these optics here evry single day. Was there something you wanted to know that you could not find in a search? If so, please just ask and please try to refrain from suggesting any hidden agendas. While I am 100% convinced  that people from the companies who make all of thes above mentioned optics read these forums, they never post. To my knowledge, all of us who read and asnwer these questions are consumers with no ties to any company. Some folks like Wes and Paul at MSTN sell these otpics, but they sell all of the above and have no sake in selling one over the next. Like most of us, they love them all.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A general optics FAQ is in the works and we have some very well informed members working on different sections. With the Aimpoint vs EoTech thread reaching, what was it... 10 pages, and the ACOG thread reaching 5, I hope you can understand what a monumental task this is.
View Quote

Ok, sorry, the "agenda" comment was a little overboard.  I'm glad to hear about the FAQ in the works.  I see so many of the same questions asked over and over about the EoTech & Aimpoint I just couldn't see why there wasn't a Pro & Cons message tacked to the top of the forum.  Maybe the Aimpoint vers EoTech thread?  It definitly covered all just about everything about them.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top