Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2005 9:09:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/17/2005 9:21:30 AM EDT by mach6]
I know this relates to an older thread, but the information I thinking is worth starting a new thread.

Leupold's Custom Shop just told me they can do a reticle change, but I'm kinda baffled by the options. Seems to me a Boone & Crockett or a German #4 would be just about right for a level of precision and still be quick into action. I like the "SPR" reticle but with 3X magnification, I don't think it's worth the effort. Also with SPR reticle, it's not ideal for instinctive shooting. They'll also install the M2 elevation knob. This will go on my civilian AR back on the block. Appreciate any thoughts.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 12:32:44 PM EDT
Grrrr......just got another email from Leupy's Custom Shop. Apparently, tehy're confused. now I'm being told the CQ/T is a "unique design" and therefore isn't compatible with any Custom Shop services. Unbelievable.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 1:20:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/19/2005 2:44:32 PM EDT by KevinB]
Mach - I feel your paint - prior to me dumping my CQ/T I looked into a few options. Leupy won't, and Premier won't since they don't work on illuminated reticles.

I spoke to Andy Webber at Armament Technologies (North American dist for ELCAN) about etching a reticle for a TA01NSN I had - but the cost for "one of's" is ridiculous (in fact its ridiculous for under 100 units)

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:13:03 PM EDT
Kev, Yeah I'm gonna dump it, too. real pity as the scope would be super with the mods they first said they'd do. Guess, I'll just go get an IOR. Before I do, I'm gonna blast one email out to their CS shop and tell 'em they're missing an opportunity here to at least offer the scope with more than one reticle.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:46:01 PM EDT
It is a "could have been" scope -

smaller - better battery, better reticle (or at least a choice) larger objective/tube - and lose the annoying rails.

Top Top