Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/18/2002 3:16:36 AM EDT
I would appreciate it if someone would post instructions on how to polish a chamber.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 5:02:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Let me begin be stating that I am NOT a gunsmith!  However, one of my best friends who, sadly, passed away several years ago, was a custom rifle builder and the head gunsmith for a company well known in the custom rifle world.  Over a period of several years, I watched him ream and polish quite a few chambers.  IIRC, after finish reaming the chamber, he used a piece of 320 or 400 grit wet or dry paper in a dowel which was slit on the end to hold the paper.  Sorry, but I can't remember how fast he turned the dowel, but I don't think it was very fast.  I'm sure there are a whole bunch of folks here who are better qualified than yours truely and I urge you to seek out their advice.  You might try the Maintenence and Cleaning forum.-TR
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top