Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2006 9:21:01 AM EDT
Anyone had personal experiance with these? Found a used one I might buy. Are they forged or cast, production dates? What is the good bad and ugly with these? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:40:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one that has at least a couple of thousands rounds through it without any problems. Mine is forged not cast. I did some research on these a while ago. I found that they were produced by the same company that made Olympic's and/or DPMS's lower receivers.  Century just placed their logo on it.  

AR15 link

Highroad link

Personally, with Stag lowers around and at such good prices, I would rather buy that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:20:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never had a Century AR, but I would run from anything that has got Century written on it after the experiences I've had with their Cetmes and AKs.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:05:07 PM EDT
[#3]
There are two Century lowers out there. One was made shortly after the ban and sold as a rifle by Century arms. It was made by Olympic and I think it is marked Centurian.
Also there are newer lowers out marked Century that were made by CMT. I prefer the newer ones. They compare to Stag, CMT, and  Rock River lowers.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:14:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Also there are newer lowers out marked Century that were made by CMT. I prefer the newer ones. They compare to Stag, CMT, and  Rock River lowers.

If the serial no. starts with CM, it's one of the Conti produced pieces, and is exactly the same quality as Rock River or Stag.  

And how could I resist a lower marked w/ a corporate name that has a Georgia address?  OK, so it's a town named Georgia, not my home state.  Better than nothing
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top