Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/30/2004 6:28:40 AM EST
This is not a slam or flame and i'm not a he
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:33:48 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:42:31 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/30/2004 6:46:31 AM EST by Ameetec-Arms]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:30:40 PM EST
Does he know that Armalite is now carrying the Cav Arms polymer lowers as part of their Eagle Arms line? It's true. Why don't you let him know that and see what he says. If he thinks Armalite is the bomb and Armalite thinks Cav Arms is the bomb, then what would your conclusion be?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:55:33 PM EST
Thanks for the moral support.Thanks
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 7:14:33 PM EST
I just recently purchased a cav MkII lower unit. When it arrived I would have swore that the box was empty, it wasn't, it's just that lite. When I took it out of the box I wasn't all that impressed with it, to be truthful I didn't like it and was debating on getting rid of it. I thought I'd give it a chance. It grew on me, it's very lite, mounts easily. The detent pins are very secure and tight. I'm still waiting on the lower parts kit to come in to complete it so I haven't shot it yet. I see a few things that can be done, a grip sleeve added to the rear grip some pac skin added to the cheek of the stock. I'll post again when I finish this project.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:30:37 PM EST
i'm also curious which gun shop told you this (please IM me if you don't want to post it publicly). i work at Shooter's World/Arizona Tactical, and we are a Master Distributor for Cav Arms. we sell about as many CavArms guns as we do Bushmaster, Armalite, Etc put together. we have a rental CavArms gun that is about 2 years old and has had tens of thousands of rounds through it.

it has been cleaned 4 times since we got it from Cav.....

never had a problem yet. i personally have 6 complete rifles built on CavArms lowers....given the price and light weight, i can't get enough of them. i shoot a lot (working at an indoor range can do that to you....) as well as a healthy amount of 3gun matches (locally and nationally). i have never personally had a single problem with one of their products.

our shop stocks Cavalry Arms, Bushmaster, Armalite, and Ameetec Arms (and a few Colts here and there for LE customers who demand them for no good reason), and i wouldn't bad-mouth any brand on the market other than Hesse.
ask the guy at that store if he still thinks glocks are too spacey....i can't think of a single pistol company that does NOT make a polymer frame pistol these days, and i really can't understand people's aversion to a polymer AR receiver (especially now that its been around a few years and proven itself).

if you want to come to Shooters World and try out our CavArms range gun for free, let me know. you buy the ammo, i'll provide the range and gun. you can also talk to an intelligent salesperson who can explain to you the positive features of the Cav-15 or any AR you're interested in.
ask for Don.

[rant off]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:47:14 PM EST
CavArms has a forum here, you can ask them.
Top Top