Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/28/2003 12:20:18 PM EDT
I was out at the range with some guys shooting our AR15s. Of course, my RRA M4 Tact Entry LE functioned flawlessly. However, the other two DPMS LE rifles suffered the same problem. When shooting, the DPMS rifles would appear to have a bad primer/light primer strike.

When charged, no round/casing would come out. We broke down the rifle(s) and saw a casing with a good hard primer strike positioned up into the back of the barrel, pasted the feed ramp area. With some needle nose pliers the case was able to be pull out. Another time we had to put a cleaning rod into the end of the barrel and 'poke' the casing out. This happened two times on one DPMS rifle and I think 3 times on the other.

Is there a technical term for this problem? What causes this? We are trying to figure things out and what to do since these are LE rifles and neede to function 100%.

Antoher score for RRA though!!!
Thanks for any and all info.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 11:31:38 AM EDT
[#1]
So in essence you are saying that after a round was fired, the casing was left in the chamber and not extracted?  If so, seeing that these are DPMS rifles, my first guess would be a rough chamber.  If not that, it could be a bad extractor or extractor spring.  If the chamber doesn't look smooth send it back to DPMS, if it is an extractor issue, your friends could just replace it if they have an extra on hand, otherwise, might as well send them back in and let DPMS figure it out and fix it.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top