Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/15/2006 6:59:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/15/2006 7:00:59 PM EDT by DMala]
In order to start reloading for the .223, I measured about 10-12 cases of the above ammo, shot once in my RRA rifle. I was surprised to find 30% ofthe cases above max allowable case length (44.7 mm).

As opposite all the cases of some new Remington FMJ that I also shot in my rifle, were well within specs.

What is it, the ammo was shot in machineguns? Is this an issue in terms of safety and inconsistent case dimensions? I can see that if you want to save money with remanufactured ammo something has to give up, but I am not clear on why they would sell ammo outside SAAMI specs. Accuracy was very good tough.......
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:39:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DMala:
In order to start reloading for the .223, I measured about 10-12 cases of the above ammo, shot once in my RRA rifle. I was surprised to find 30% ofthe cases above max allowable case length (44.7 mm).

As opposite all the cases of some new Remington FMJ that I also shot in my rifle, were well within specs.

What is it, the ammo was shot in machineguns? Is this an issue in terms of safety and inconsistent case dimensions? I can see that if you want to save money with remanufactured ammo something has to give up, but I am not clear on why they would sell ammo outside SAAMI specs. Accuracy was very good tough.......

I saw most of all my Black Hills stuff was Lake City brass.
Top Top