Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2009 5:16:05 PM EST
I have a "standard" AR with a traditional carry handle upper and I want to add a Trijicon Reflext sight; what is the best mounting set up? I see that Trijicon has a nice mount that would put the scope ahead of the handle and just over the hand guard and I think that looks pretty slick. However, if I've learned anything about AR's it's that there are always 20+ ways to skin a cat.

So, what are my options? What works "best"?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:32:55 PM EST
For your carry handle, your options are limited to a gooseneck mount. I'd suggest that you swap out your fixed A2 upper for a A3/A4 upper. It'll cost you around $100 and open up many more optics options for you.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 4:47:23 AM EST
I had a fixed carry handle on my ar15 and changed it out for a flat top reciever. I tried all of the goose neck mounts but they never were just the right fit. I got a flat top from Bravo Co. and a local member put it on for me. I them turned around and sold the receiver on the EE. I got a couple different BUIS with the money.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 5:33:42 AM EST
Originally Posted By Jayg0351:
I had a fixed carry handle on my ar15 and changed it out for a flat top reciever. I tried all of the goose neck mounts but they never were just the right fit. I got a flat top from Bravo Co. and a local member put it on for me. I them turned around and sold the receiver on the EE. I got a couple different BUIS with the money.

I think that is what I am going to end up doing as well. Bravo Company is about an hour away from me so I may take a drive some afternoon and go see if they can help me out.

thanks.

Top Top