Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2005 2:54:32 PM EDT
I have a carry handle that I want to put up on the EE but Im not sure who made it. I was told that it was a Bushmaster, but I want to get a second opinion before I state it as such. I dont have any pics but it has a section on the bottom part that is all chewed up, right down the center of it. Its not use marks but almost like it was a reject at the factory. I thought all the better made brands were clean and had no machining marks on them.

It has an 'A' forge mark on it and it has a 6 click to the next number elevation dial which I know the Bushy handles have.

Thanks for any help
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:05:32 PM EDT
My Bushy has the cardinal forge mark on the carry handle.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:45:03 PM EDT
It could be Bushy or Colt, as I've seen similiar marks on both.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:52:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By drewucf:
I have a carry handle that I want to put up on the EE but Im not sure who made it. I was told that it was a Bushmaster, but I want to get a second opinion before I state it as such. I dont have any pics but it has a section on the bottom part that is all chewed up, right down the center of it. Its not use marks but almost like it was a reject at the factory. I thought all the better made brands were clean and had no machining marks on them.

It has an 'A' forge mark on it and it has a 6 click to the next number elevation dial which I know the Bushy handles have.

Thanks for any help

Looking for it in the EE section and dont see it yet. I might be interested if the price is right
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:18:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By theshootersden:

Thanks for any help

Looking for it in the EE section and dont see it yet. I might be interested if the price is right

Heh. Sorry I haven't put it up yet. Not going to until I get a BUIS. Just checking which barnd it is.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:38:06 PM EDT

Heh. Sorry I haven't put it up yet. Not going to until I get a BUIS. Just checking which barnd it is.

That would explain why I couldnt find it there
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:47:41 PM EDT
I might take it if it is indeed forged.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:42:40 PM EDT
Without a pic, I'm assuming that the "chewed up" section you're referring to is the remnants of the forge line, and nearly every detachable handle I've ever seen has it to one degree or another, as do the inside of every A1 and A2 handle ever made. Sometimes it's just a slight trace, and sometimes quite noticable, but it's always there. My own Bushie M4 detachable sight mount has it to a distinct extent, and is also split A (Anchor Harvey) forge marked.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:45:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/20/2005 7:47:38 PM EDT by repub18]
I went over Drew's today and saw the carry handle. It's hard to describe but the center line is not the only part chewed up, it is around the forging line as well. I have never seen one like it. Drew, what else was next to the A mark by the sight?

I should of brought my camera but forgot

Andrew, do you remember who you bought it from?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:49:51 PM EDT
Same mark on my Eagle carry handle.

Phil
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:25:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/21/2005 5:25:56 AM EDT by _DR]
Splintered "A" is anchor Harvey, All forged, no cast, good stuff.

As far as the "Chewed up " marks, I actually prefer the ones with rough machining marks. Reminds me that it is a tool meant to be used
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:05:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By repub18:
I went over Drew's today and saw the carry handle. It's hard to describe but the center line is not the only part chewed up, it is around the forging line as well. I have never seen one like it. Drew, what else was next to the A mark by the sight?

I should of brought my camera but forgot

Andrew, do you remember who you bought it from?

Yeah, my mistake. The forging mark on it is an 'A-8'. Not just 'A'.

And no I dont remember who I bought it from. It was a while ago.
Top Top