Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2004 7:05:35 PM EDT
Hello-

I'm looking to buy a carry case. I need one that can hold at 3 least 3-30 rounders, and a 16" rifle with a collapsable stock.

I'm looking to get the best case for the money.  I want to spend less than $50, hopefully around $25, is that possible?

Thanks. Also, does anybody have a link/info on the people that outfitted a toolbox for an ar-15?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:50:12 AM EDT
[#1]
My buddy just got a case for his 20" bbl AR15.  It is made by Eagle Industries.  Black courdura, serious protection, and five exterior pockets for 30 round mags.  Eagle makes them for all length ARs.

Got it for $99.90 at the last gun show.  I know thats a bit out of your price range, but its got a lifetime warranty so he only had to buy it once.  Once you feel the quality in the Eagle products, everything else is second rate!

www.eagleindustries.com
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:29:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Sportsman's Guide has some soft cases for $20.  I haven't seen one so I can't tell you about the quality.    

CHRIS
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:00:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I have an ACE carry case that's been great for the money, about $30.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:57:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sportsman's Guide has some soft cases for $20.  I haven't seen one so I can't tell you about the quality.    

CHRIS

I ordered two of those cases last month and was informed that they were on backorder until 9/12. I just checked again and the site is now saying they're backordered until 10/21! I'll be able to offer my opinion if they ever come in, but for now it's not looking too good...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the Galati Rifle Cases marked down currently to $49.95. I've been a supplier for three years now and have not had any complaints.
www.wiskur.com
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:18:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Check DPMS for toolbox for AR15s....  I think I saw it there or at Brownell's, one of those two.  

BTW, DPMS is also good for small spare parts, reasonable prices too.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:17:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
 Once you feel the quality in the Eagle products, everything else is second rate!

www.eagleindustries.com

DITTO
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:37:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I have my choice between an Eagle Industries M4/CAR Discreet Case, or a Blackhack M4/CAR Carry case for the same price.

Any suggestions? I have never held either.  I have a cqb sling hooked onto the front handguards, and I'm wondering if that's going to cause a problem with the discreet case.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:48:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have my choice between an Eagle Industries M4/CAR Discreet Case, or a Blackhack M4/CAR Carry case for the same price.

Any suggestions? I have never held either.  I have a cqb sling hooked onto the front handguards, and I'm wondering if that's going to cause a problem with the discreet case.

Eagle.

The sling will be no problem.

More here
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:18:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Update...

According to Sportsman's Guide, my $20 cases have been shipped. I should have them by the end of the week and be able to give a report of their overall quality by Sat. or Sun.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:24:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Eagle Industries is top grade.  All of my stuff comes from there.j

Regarding the toolbox, go to the Texas section of the Hometown board and ask about that.  They did that for ErictheHun.  (I was there when they gave it to him: totally sweet)
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top