Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2005 12:47:11 PM EDT
Can carriers be matched up with a manufacturer based on how they look?

I have an RRA carrier and an unkown carrier that might be mixed up.

On one carrier, the ver back circular piece is about 3/8" thick, the other one is more like 3/4" thick.

One of them has the edges of the metal crimped down against the bolts on the gas key, the other has what looks like a weld mark almost that pushes a hole down into the carrier and distributes metal over the bolts, to keep them from rotating.

Sorry about the poor explanations, I will try to ge t pictures up.

thanks in advance
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:13:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you have a RRA enhanced carrier and a standard carrier. The RRA should be the one that is full-circle at the rear for 3/4-1".

A standard AR carrier is only full-circle for 1/2" or so(very close to your 3/8" guess, so this might be it)

Hope this helps a little.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:32:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sounds like you have a RRA enhanced carrier and a standard carrier. The RRA should be the one that is full-circle at the rear for 3/4-1".

A standard AR carrier is only full-circle for 1/2" or so(very close to your 3/8" guess, so this might be it)

Hope this helps a little.

WIZZO

So the standard carrier is just that, standard, and you can't differentiate between manufacturer's?

I'm trying to figure out th mfr of my upper...
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:37:39 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're trying to find the manufacturer of a complete upper, that's a different story. More manufacturers sre using the enhanced carriers nowadays.

RRA barrels are marked with a letter, a number, and another letter on top of the chamber right below the gas tube. If you see those markings, you at least have a Wilson barrel that was made for RRA.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions, or if I'm not understanding you completely.

WIZZO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top