Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/28/2005 12:47:11 PM EDT
Can carriers be matched up with a manufacturer based on how they look?

I have an RRA carrier and an unkown carrier that might be mixed up.

On one carrier, the ver back circular piece is about 3/8" thick, the other one is more like 3/4" thick.

One of them has the edges of the metal crimped down against the bolts on the gas key, the other has what looks like a weld mark almost that pushes a hole down into the carrier and distributes metal over the bolts, to keep them from rotating.

Sorry about the poor explanations, I will try to ge t pictures up.

thanks in advance
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:13:44 AM EDT
Sounds like you have a RRA enhanced carrier and a standard carrier. The RRA should be the one that is full-circle at the rear for 3/4-1".

A standard AR carrier is only full-circle for 1/2" or so(very close to your 3/8" guess, so this might be it)

Hope this helps a little.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:32:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WIZZO_ARAKM14:
Sounds like you have a RRA enhanced carrier and a standard carrier. The RRA should be the one that is full-circle at the rear for 3/4-1".

A standard AR carrier is only full-circle for 1/2" or so(very close to your 3/8" guess, so this might be it)

Hope this helps a little.

WIZZO

So the standard carrier is just that, standard, and you can't differentiate between manufacturer's?

I'm trying to figure out th mfr of my upper...
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:37:39 PM EDT
If you're trying to find the manufacturer of a complete upper, that's a different story. More manufacturers sre using the enhanced carriers nowadays.

RRA barrels are marked with a letter, a number, and another letter on top of the chamber right below the gas tube. If you see those markings, you at least have a Wilson barrel that was made for RRA.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions, or if I'm not understanding you completely.

WIZZO
Top Top