Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2013 10:33:32 AM EST
Backstory:
I was involved in a parking lot accident Oct 2011, where a prius was cutting between cars accross parking lanes and smashed her with my 2010 Silverado. mainly front bumped/grill was the damage, but the brackets holding the transmission cooler torqued it enough where it leaked fluid and required a tow.

Looking at trade in value for a good deal on a 2013 (i know, FGM, FBHO) and they come back with a carfax showing the accident, and an airbag deployment. Well, my airbag never deployed....
carfax lists this as two seperate line items, and pulls a number out of their ass to recommend reduction from blue book.

I look back at my insurance information from the time, and it turns out the officer hit the wrong key or something and marked it as my airbag deployed.

I file a correction claim with carfax explaining everything, and providing the body shop repair from the same date with nothing regarding airbags being needed and/or repaired, and that it was covered by insurance.

Carfax responds 3 weeks later and says they cant amend it because the police report says it was deployed, so the officer who wrote it would need to amend it. I gave them a piece of my mind about that policy for coming up with their crap to list on a carfax and she basically responded reiterating what she already said.

So I contact the police department and speak with the officer. He doesnt feel like he can change it because he doesnt recall whether or not it really was deployed. He didnt think it was a big deal, and i tried to explain how each line item compounds what value they take off my truck and i just wanted it to be correct. body shop statement was not good enough because i could have only had part of it fixed. I didnt think i could even do that with a lean on my vehicle and insurance covering it, but he assured me i could, despite airbags being required and some people decide not too... whatever

So now im waiting back to hear from the dealership if they can plug something into my truck and verify its original, or compare serial numbers or something. if carfax wont change. Fuck them, in fact, fuck them anyway for me even wasting my time. If i can have documentation from a dealer saying its original, it would at least be easier to explain private party why the carfax is wrong like it is with all my supporting documentation.

/rant

TL;DR - carfax is wrong and nobody is willing to do shit to fix it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:34:37 AM EST
Go to Wal-Mart and buy a Colt.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:35:18 AM EST
oops, IBTL wrong forum, my bad
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:35:51 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By apierce918:
oops, IBTL wrong forum, my bad
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:39:15 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GLOCKREAPER: