Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2006 3:16:55 AM EDT
Hello,

Just had some thoughts today.  Anyone know of a manufacturer of carbon fiber AR barrels?  If so, do they have the "standard" options (i.e. length, twist rate, threading for comps, etc.)?

My dream right now would be:

18" Carbon Fiber/SS, 1:8, threaded for a JP - Bennie Cooley Comp w/ Rifle Gas system

Any info is appreciated.

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic
249th MP Detachment (EACF)
Camp Humphreys, ROK

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:09:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out ABS.

TWL is a rep for them and a member of this board.

The CF barrels are absolutely amazing.

Extremely accurate.

Extremely light weight.

Extreme heat dissipation.

and

EXTREMELY COOL.

Can you tell that I've been working all night and I'm EXTREMELY tired.

Here's a pic of my ABS barreled carbine.

It is a 1:7 16" mid-length, with a PRI QC Comp.
I'm thinking of trying out the Cooley Comp.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:03:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hello,

Just had some thoughts today.  Anyone know of a manufacturer of carbon fiber AR barrels?  If so, do they have the "standard" options (i.e. length, twist rate, threading for comps, etc.)?

My dream right now would be:

18" Carbon Fiber/SS, 1:8, threaded for a JP - Bennie Cooley Comp w/ Rifle Gas system

Any info is appreciated.

Camp Humphreys, ROK

ABS is the king of Carbon Fiber. CS is some of the best in the industry, and my results with the barrel I received have been extraordinary.

Contact Mike at ABS, and he'll hook you up.

Oh yeah, mine's a 16" middy Rock Creek 5R 1/7 blank with a wylde chamber, and is threaded. The bore on mine has been CeraKoted by Fit4Duty, It's a badass build.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:13:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:00:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Tom,

I would like to know how they have held up over long rapid fire sessions (i.e. 50-60 rounds) and then how the groups have held up over say from the first 10,000 rounds to the next 10k.  I'm in love with Oly barrels right now as with my accuracy/3-Gun load, they shoot sub-0.5 MOA (w/ 69gr. SMK's and Varget, no case prep and standard WSR primers).

I'll PM you some more though.

Thanks in advance,

Camp Humphreys, ROK
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:56:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top