Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/2/2005 5:55:28 PM EDT
I have a Bushy A3 that i'd very much like to mount a scope on, while also having fixed or BUIS. The weapon is currently naked on top, but I do have a Nikon ProStaff 2x7 on an A2 ARMS handle mount. I'd like to get a riser similar to the Carbon 15 models, but is such a riser available? (the A2 sights are built into the weapon, just doesnt have the top part of the carry handle) If i could find such a riser, any clever options for putting the scope on top while still maintaining an unobstructed view through either the fixed or BUIS? Help!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:57:56 AM EDT
[#1]
what you are reffering to is the actual upper of the carbon15 cause that is intergrated.

the only thing similar is the rockriver arms tactical carry handle.

imho that is a sh!tty way of mounting anything

your cheekweld would be really high! the scope would be mounted really far from center of bore/axis.

why not just get some ex-high rings and a low profile flip buis? would work with your prostaff and leave all the clutter off.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:58:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I found a possible solution to my optics problem. My local dealer found some extra high see through Simmons rings that should clear the line of sight for the rear BUIS or a flip sight, but there is a question of whether or not I'd still need an expensive riser. I found this YHM 3 rail riser, but i'm not crazy about the look, as it looks more like something out of a cheap mid 90's Sci-Fi flick. http://www.yhm.net/store/rails.html   product # YHM-9492. Any thoughts?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top