Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 12:56:01 PM EDT
Hi, "New-Guy" question, here.  I'm looking at Bushy's new Carbon 15 9mm, but (probably like many) the mention of ProMag makes me break out in hives and cold sweats.  I haven't owned a 9mm AR before, so I'm not sure of the differences/modifications that can be made to Sten, Uzi, etc., mags, so that they may be used with the various adaptors.  Thoughts, suggestions?  Would I be better off to get a different, modular, system?  I know ProMag is cheap, but I don't want to spend $500 in shipping, trying to get a dozen mags from them that will work! Thanks, in advance......
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:05:00 PM EDT
[#1]
So you're scared of plastic mags but not a carbon rifle?

I'm just giving you a hard time....I myself am not sold on the carbon rifles yet.

The Bushmaster is set up for Colt mags. This means you can use the expensive Colt 32 rounders, modified Uzi 25 rounders, and 32 round Pro Mags. I am currently building my first 9mm and I have one modified Uzi mag and one Pro Mag. I understand the apprehension of using the Pro Mags but for me it's just a range toy so they won't be abused. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Pro Mag works so I can buy more at their nice, low price!

Good luck!!

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:57:57 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 on the irony of no plastic mags but a plastic rifle.

colt style rifle so colt style mags will work. stated in above post and the tacked threads as well.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:55:59 PM EDT
[#3]
The Promags work fine. If you want something else use Colt mags they work fine as well.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Where does one get modified UZI mags? And what is modified about them?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:14:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Where does one get modified UZI mags? And what is modified about them?

Well....we just keep running into each other today.

I got my modified Uzi mag from Eagle Firearms.

ADCO also has them.

They have a notch cut out of them towards the top to engage the mag release of the AR.

Look HERE for pics.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:22:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
+1 on the irony of no plastic mags but a plastic rifle.

colt style rifle so colt style mags will work. stated in above post and the tacked threads as well.

I think it's the brand that scaring him off, not the idea of a polymer mag.  ProMag does not exactly have a solid reputation.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:28:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I think it's the brand that scaring him off, not the idea of a polymer mag.  ProMag does not exactly have a solid reputation.

h,ProMag.  My experience with them: HKP7 self-ejecting mags.  Great for rapid reload drills, but gets old, after awhile!  Re- the plastic rifle.  I had a Carbon 15 .223 that I was pleased with (after the infamous chamber correction), so I have no qualms about that, even less, now that BM is behind them.

Thanks, guys!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:40:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Does anyone know if there are any company's other than Promag making Colt style mags?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:31:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Does anyone know if there are any company's other than Promag making Colt style mags?

Not sure how solid this is, but check out page 2 of THIS THREAD.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top