Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/14/2013 6:07:29 PM EDT
I'm looking at the mount options for this Primary Arms 30mm Red Dot optic, I'm new to buying optics
and I'm not sure which mount I should be using. Any information will be useful. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/14/2013 6:25:44 PM EDT
With the cantilever mount you can place the optic far enough forward to have a magnifier behind it.

I have and use both. I prefer lower 1/3 cowitness also.
Link Posted: 3/14/2013 6:30:38 PM EDT
Hey thanks for the information man, you wouldn't happen to know anything about these Primary Arms would yah? I don't have the money
for an EoTech or Aimpoint at the moment. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 3/14/2013 6:42:35 PM EDT
I own 3 of them, the oldest one is 2 years old. I run them on my S&W M&P 15/22's.
I got a few Aimpoints also. If you are putting it on a range rifle/plinker AR, I would say go for it.

The Primary arms copy goes through batteries compared to the Aimpoints.
Just look on Youtube for some input on these.
Link Posted: 3/14/2013 7:02:55 PM EDT
Thanks for the information, yeah I'll let the military supply me with a legit optic when I get through basic.haha. I just do some basic tac training here on base and I'm getting tired of the ole' iron sights. I like the standard cowitness myself. Thanks man.
Link Posted: 3/14/2013 11:05:50 PM EDT
+1 on going cantilever. I picked up one of the Primary Arms magnifiers and had to buy a cantilever spacer for my ARMS Aimpoint mount. Save yourself the trouble and get the cantilever in the first place.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:16:39 PM EDT
Yeah I'm going to go ahead and get the cantilever mount now. I'm still looking around for some good optics for a decent price.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 11:57:14 AM EDT
I run a 30mm PA red dot with the cantilever mount. I just purchased another mount for my Vortex Strikefire. This time I need it to free up space so I can use flip up scope covers with my fixed rear buis.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 12:00:28 PM EDT
I've got the 30mm PA red dot and went with the cantilever mount. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Top Top