Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/22/2005 12:25:38 PM EDT
Hey all,

Is there a rail like this one with a cant to compensate for the angle on the A2 handguards?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:43:17 PM EDT
Do yourself a favor forget bolting on rails to the plastic hanguards. Just get a rail system. YHM makes a nice inexpensive one that is very durable.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:53:17 PM EDT
I had a Larue FF railed handguard on my Dissy for a little while, but it was too heavy. In fact, I find most rifle length rail systems too heavy. I can't imagine taking a carbine class with my Dissy if I had to hold up a railed fore-end of any kind. For me, lighter is better.

I just want to mount a light, and the rail I do have cants right along with the A2 handguards, so the light isn't straight. Very minor point, but one that bothers me a bit and is hopefully an easy fix.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:59:46 PM EDT
Have you had your barrel turned down to a lightweight profile? That will save you some weight (almost a pound in the case of a Dissy). That with the DD should do well.

Another option is to replace your A2 handguards with the Cav Arms C5 Handguards. They have a straight profile so the rail will be level.
Top Top