Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2016 10:32:13 PM EDT
I'm doing a 9mm build and trying to find an upper receiver, but can't find any in stock.  Ideally I'd like to get a slick sided upper like this since I'll be adding a gas deflector so won't need the brass deflector or forward assist, but I can't find any of these in stock.  I'm trying to keep cost down on this build so would settle for a regular A3 upper receiver, but can't even find one of the lower priced ones in stock either.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:44:58 PM EDT
[#1]
How about below.

Slickside Upper
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 11:06:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply.  I forgot to mention, the upper needs to have the ability to attach an ejection port cover in order to attach the gas deflector so it looks like that upper won't work.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:10:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the reply.  I forgot to mention, the upper needs to have the ability to attach an ejection port cover in order to attach the gas deflector so it looks like that upper won't work.
View Quote

Good luck, its a rare unicorn for under 100.00, 130.00 gets you a stripped one from Model 1 sales.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 9:23:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh, didn't realize they were so rare.  I guess I'll just go with a regular A3 upper then.  Who's got cheap ones of those in stock?  I'm having trouble even finding one of them in stock.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:07:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I just bought this one for my 9mm build.  It has gone up $20 since I bought mine 3 weeks ago

https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-arms-forged-mil-spec-upper-minus-fa-w-logo
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:26:07 PM EDT
[#6]
While not the cheapest solution, if you want a 9mm upper, there's Adco:

https://www.adcofirearms.com/acc/ProductLine_sub.cfm?subcategory=9mm Parts
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 1:44:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replies.  I just learned that the barrel I want won't be back in stock for a few weeks so I guess I'll keep looking and hope I come across a cheap upper by the time the barrel's back in stock.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 11:26:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Try Rock River Arms the 9mm upper I have from there is great. Legal Transfers may have them cheaper.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 2:09:49 AM EDT
[#9]

If a billet upper will work, AIM has this upper. It also is out of stock, but AIM has a "Please Notify Me when this product is available" option.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top