Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2003 9:45:52 AM EDT
Well..it may be able to soon! I wonder if they will make one of these for an AR Pistol? A weird looking contraption...but still kind of cool!

I think this might add a whole new dimension to entry situations! I would like to hear from our LEO Military members...do you think this is something of value, or "bells and whistles"?

Mods - please excuse me if this is not posted in the right area, I was not sure where to put it.

Check it out! -

www.cornershot.com/

www.army-technology.com/contractors/machine_guns/corner_shot/

web.israelinsider.com/bin/en.jsp?enPage=ArticlePage&enDisplay=view&enDispWhat=object&enDispWho=Article%5El3086&enZone=Security&enVersion=0&

Scott
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:57:38 AM EDT
[#1]
IBTL
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 10:08:12 AM EDT
[#2]
my reply from another thread:

I dont like this idea.

Someone rushes you while your weapon is bent at an angle. You gotta hold the gun awefully funky to be able to hit them at close range.

Also, I do not like the "flip screen" on the side of the reciever(?). This takes the operators focus off of everything around him. NOT good.

Now, a good idea IMHO would be a small camera that is the size of a Streamlight M6 or an M3 taclight. The camera would be "zeroed" with the barrel so you could aim by using the camera. Have a monocular that can flip down over the operator's non-dominant eye, that shows what the camera shows. He can still see whats going on around him and doesnt have a bent gun, incase someone rushes him. Basically the LandWarrior system for a pistol/subgun.

Aim around corners and still have a usable weapon, all the while being able to see whats going on around you.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 10:10:53 AM EDT
[#3]
not to be dickhead but this exact thread was on here a few weeks ago
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 10:29:20 AM EDT
[#4]
its on the GD right now.. thread is titled "Israel has a gun that can SHOOT AROUND CORNERS".. or to that effect

[edited to add a real question]

How do you make the little degrees symbol after 45?? what are the keystrokes?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 10:49:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry guys...I should of done some digging before posting this.  [:I]  I am a "day late & a dollar short" on this one.

Tried to delete the post, but it won't work.

P.S. - Thanks for that all important first IBTL dawg_killer.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
its on the GD right now.. thread is titled "Israel has a gun that can SHOOT AROUND CORNERS".. or to that effect

[edited to add a real question]

View Quote

I cheated! - I opened up a Word doc and used the "Insert" command at the top, and then select "insert character". A little list pops up and you can choose it from all sorts of stuff. Then you just cut & paste it into your post.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:22:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wasn't trying to be a dick but it wasn't about AR's and it's a dupe.  Apologies if I offended you.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:42:06 PM EDT
[#8]
My AR's can shoot around corners at 45 degree angles. But only on the Planet of Alderan.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 2:38:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My AR's can shoot around corners at 45 degree angles. But only on the Planet of Alderan.
View Quote

mine can.. if I hold it at a 45 degree angle
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 4:22:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I wasn't trying to be a dick but it wasn't about AR's and it's a dupe.  Apologies if I offended you.
View Quote

No you did not offend me...this really the IS first IBTL I have gotten on a thread! I was more embarrassed than anything! My fault! [:)]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 4:29:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I think I had better stick to my "day job" - and forget my aspirations to become reporter of new and cool gun stuff.

Hey...did you hear they "Got Him"!!? Oh...never mind. [;)]

Lets forget this post ever happened...please?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 5:03:08 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Forget WHAT happened?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:21:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Forget WHAT happened?
View Quote

yeah.. really, what happened?? [:D]

P.S. anyone hear about this new XM8 thing that is supposed to replace the M16/M4???!?!?!

[;D]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:55:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Degree = ALT + 0176
Test ° Hey it works!
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:11:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I hear they are talking about some kind of plastic and aluminum Mattel toy to replace the M14.  I also hear its only gonna shoot a .22.  Anyone know what that's about?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:32:02 PM EDT
[#16]
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

.. thanks [b]Fly-Fly[/b]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:25:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Fly-Fly - thanks for the tip!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top