Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/15/2003 7:51:53 PM EST
I had a few tiny spots on my lower where I just couldn't seem to avoid rubbing off the black finish when I was building it. Is there a paint or something anyone might suggest to cover up those little spots. I taped up my vice grips when I was putting the roll pins in, but a couple of times the amount of pressure just wore right through the tape and allowed the vice grips to make contact with the surface of the reciever, and so I have just a few small edges where the roll pin goes for the bolt catch that have been rubbed away.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 9:37:23 AM EST
Brownell's sells a touch up pen in various colors for just that purpose. [url]http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=4942[/url]
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 9:49:33 AM EST
Ok, I'll chime in; that Birchwood Casey "pen" does not work. I know, I just bought one this week. Scratches of instantly with a finger nail, and wipes off instantly with a CLP soaked rag...save your money.
Top Top