Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/7/2005 4:27:19 PM EDT
Reading in this forum, all I read is about OLY, RRA, and of course Colt.  I am interested in building a 9MM AR.  I have a EA lower from the AWB days and I was wondering if I could use that lower with a RRA or a OLY upper and of course install all the misc pieces like the block and such.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:56:41 PM EDT
[#1]
YEP! - I have two, 1st is built on a PWA lower & the 2nd is on a STAG lower.  Both uppers are OLY.   Build away, You're gonna LOVE it!  ALLONS11
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:00:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes.

I just built one with an RRA lower using a Hahn Precision mag block.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:06:18 AM EDT
[#3]
There are a couple things that will cause problems with a 9mm build when it comes to the receiver.  Avoid cast receivers.......stick to 7075 forgings.  Magwell dimensions can vary, use a reputable manufacturer.

Overall.......stick to MIL SPEC type receivers.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 8:05:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I built one with a Bushmaster lower and the mag block fits really tight. You have to hammer it in or out. This could be a good thing for a dedicated lower or a bad thing since it doesn't come out easy.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:12:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks all for the replies.  I bought a RRA upper here in the Exchange.  Will be going to the Richmond gunshow this weekend to buy the rest of the parts.  Will let you know how it goes.  Will see if the EA lower will work or I will just end up buying a new lower.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:59:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Your gonna love the 9mm AR.  

They're fun and cheap to shoot.    
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top