Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2003 7:59:24 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/7/2003 8:10:30 AM EST by HogSniper]
I'm interested in a RRA Elite Tactical, but the web site lists the weight as 8.4lbs!!!

http://www.rockriverarms.com/rra_elite_le_a4_tactical_car.htm

Thatjust don't seem right for a 16" suposedly light rifle. If anybody knows, please let me know. I will pass if rifle is that heavy & go with a Bushy 16" Vmatch. I like that the RRA rifle comes with a few extras like the hogue grip, tactical handle, & the National match trigger standard. Wish it was chrome lined like the Bushy, but can't have it all I guess :)

Thx,
HS
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:42:20 AM EST
I have a Bushy V-Match 16" barrel AR15. I have a Leupold VXII 3X9X40,w/1/2" Bushy risers, Leupy MK4 rings, a Blackhawk SWFT sling, a loaded 30 round Thermold mag. JP trigger and Bagger tactical latch,(That I'll probably take off), and an Accuwedge. I just weighted it on our bathroom scales and it weights out at 10.5 lbs. fully dressed. A good sling will help with the weight when you're humping the boonies all day. Rambosky
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:42:35 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/7/2003 8:43:53 AM EST by LoginName]
I don't own one but have hefted one at my local gun store. It's the Wilson heavy barrel that does it. Check out the M-4 Tactical Entry. The shorty stock doesn't seem like the greatest thing, but it has the M-4 profile barrel and weighs in at 7 lbs. A new RRA A-2 stock is $25.00. You can probably find one left over from someones M4orgery project on the EE board for a lot less than that.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:18:46 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/7/2003 12:24:03 PM EST by MaximusDane]
HogSniper, I just bought a RRA Elite LE Tactical CAR A4. This is my first AR, the 8lbs or whatever it actually weighs feels good to me. It really is a sweet rifle. Fit and finish are excellent and the quality is great. One thing I know some people have done is went with the M4 Entry Tactical upper and used the LE Tactical lower. That should reduce your weight a little. Just an idea. That M4 Entry stock looks a little short for me anyway. Just an idea.... Hope that helped a little... Here is my new RRA... [url]http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubimage.asp?id_=1314964[/url]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 1:33:00 PM EST
Junk carbines. My A1 job weigh a wopping 7 lb.s and with its sight radius you dont need optics. GG
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 1:45:54 PM EST
Top Top