Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2005 10:44:51 AM EDT
I have heard that some AR-15 manufacturers have their manufacturing operations done outside the US because it is cheaper in terms of labor and regulations (foreign country's). Does anyone know if this is true? Specifically, what part of the AR-15 is manufactured outside the US? Does it conform to any MilSpec standards?
I know for sure that some 1911 ACP parts manufacturers have outside operations to make some of the 1911 parts but I am not so sure about the AR-15. Any info on this?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:58:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Umm, pretty much none of the big name guys.

CMT,RRA, Stag, Colt, Bushmaster, Armalite, DPMS, DSA, Les Baer, LMT, BCM(coming soon), Sabre Defence, Ameetec, Mega, Superior Arms, etc..

All made in the USA

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:27:29 PM EDT
[#2]
With Colt's purchase of Diemaco, technically I guess you could say Colt.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:56:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Dlask in BC manufactures AR's

www.dlask.com/
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:14:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Germany
Phillipines
China
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:20:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I do not think the government lets you import the major portions of non sporting firearms anymore. They put a halt on most of the kits coming in.
www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/081205openletter.pdf
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:16:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Colt's has used some Canadian Diemaco parts for a number of years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top