Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/23/2009 7:26:07 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 7:33:07 AM EDT
YHM has not let me down thus far with any of their other stuff. Looks cool I might have to buy me one.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 7:42:53 AM EDT
By the way, I found it cheaper at Area 51 Tactical...don't ask me how that is possible, but it is...
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 9:18:38 AM EDT
Looks like something they are selling for CAA.

http://www.commandarms.com/product.asp?pID=162&cID=19

It's on the lower end, there are lots of better quality mounts out there, but it all comes down to how hard you're going to beat on it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 4:43:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By EightySecond:
Looks like something they are selling for CAA.

http://www.commandarms.com/product.asp?pID=162&cID=19

It's on the lower end, there are lots of better quality mounts out there, but it all comes down to how hard you're going to beat on it.

I like it, except for the fact that it is made of polymer and not aluminum.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 7:00:48 PM EDT
I don't really like the "feel" of it. I would recommend a proven method of attatching your light vs. this thing.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:50:03 AM EDT
i like mine it works well with a light i bought the quick release mount i dont recommend it get the bolt on it is more sturdy
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:18:34 AM EDT
Anyone else realize that YHM is a CAA distributor and the actual flashlight mount is the CAA 5 position and not made by YHM at all

Other than that, i would probably rather have an aluminum flashlight mount rather than a polymer. Did you really need the 5 positions? or were you just looking for an offset mount?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:22:29 PM EDT
I was really looking for an offset that won't cost me an arm and a leg, lol
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:37:03 PM EDT
The VTAC mount is probably the best deal going for an offset mount, if you don't mind plastic:
http://www.vikingtactics.com/prod_vtac_lightmount.html

I just got one a few days ago, and haven't taken it out yet, but it's quite an impressive design for the money. It'll fit 1" lights, slight larger ones like the G2, and has an adapter sleeve for the E series. The rail mount and light clamp tighten separately into steel threaded sleeves, and it's held well in preliminary tests. It's pretty light, at about 1.6 oz without the sleeve.

I've mounted my Fenix TK11 and will be putting some 12 gauge rounds through it soon to see how well it holds, but lots of others have had good experiences with it.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:18:56 PM EDT
I have very small hands and was running the Daniel Defense offset, I can't reach the thumb switch on the light because it sticks out from the gun too far for me.

I picked up the 5 position CAA mount and it tucks the light nice and tight. I've carried it on my duty carbine for over a year, it went through a rough carbine class and qualification. While not the best available option it works for me and has held up well. There is a second generation version that has a better designed mounting tube. I had the first generation one that wasn't as well designed. CAA swapped it for the newer version.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:31:47 PM EDT
Neat theory - but $36???? Are you kidding? How many "hardened" components went into making this unit?

I don’t want to sound like an “ASS” – but I’d rather spend the money on good beer.

And, when I go shopping – buy something with a “more restricted” mission need.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:38:23 AM EDT
I have a KZ offset flashlight mount on my BM. great mount, not as big, its aluminum and its not that expensive. I did get it from botach, but i've found that they are better and more efficient when it comes to the cheaper stuff (ie, flashlight mounts, lights, scope rings )

I use mine with a 6P, i don't know if it will work with a G2 since the body is just alittle bit wider

KZ offset mount
Top Top