Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/10/2004 5:05:37 PM EST
I posted the same question over in AR general discussions and was hoping to also get some help from this forum as well. I'm very passionate about doing it even though I won't make much money at it at first. That isn't the reason why I want to do it. I've been seriously interested in it since I was 10 or so. (I'm now 35.) I would like formal schooling and am leaning that direction however if someone has done a correspondance course that worked out well for them then by all means let me know. Thank you. Take care.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:23:50 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:02:04 PM EST
Thank you very much! That one and the PA school are the 2 I'm looking at. Thanks again for hot linking it for me. If there is anything I can do for you , let me know! I already have a fair amount of knowledge about guns, reloading, concealed carry( I instructed for 7 years.) and some gunsmithing experience. So far I've fitted safetys for a friend's 1911's. Done several trigger jobs on various rifles and handguns. Mounted and bore sighted many rifles. And am geting into refinishing guns also. All the above have come out really well and I did it all for free because I love working on guns in general. So if there is any info . or something I can help with , let me know. Take care and thank you .
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:24:23 PM EST
Hi Coondog, About 15 ago years ago I took a night course at one of the local adult education centers in this area , it only cost about $20.00 for 6 weeks.
The course was basic machine shop.
This will get you familiar with the lathe and milling machine.
You can practice on your own guns or your friends.
Back then about half of the class where guys working on guns of one kind or another.
It was like having a million dollar machine shop to play in 2 nights a week.

I miss those days.

Court 223 (aka Court in FL.)

Top Top