Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2011 2:25:10 PM EDT
I recently bought a LR-308 type upper. The Seller told me that it was a DPMS upper. Being a newbie to ARs, I believed him. Upon dis-assembly I found this stamp on the barrel:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v462/rogervm/junk/Barrelstamp.jpg?t=1296429856
and no other info. Not even anything about chambering. Can anyone ID this maker's mark for me?

Thanks,
Roger
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:54:26 PM EDT
[#1]
thats an interesting one. . .

i got no clue, but i'll start looking now.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:56:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't, maybe Adam at DPMS customer service can help
Welcome
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#3]
i have seen that mark before but dont know the manufacturer. it was at a gun show and the guy was selling a lot of DPMS stuff .
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:01:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Almost looks like someone tried to remove the mark. Kind looks like it was an H. The only H that I know of would have been Hesse. This wouldn't be a good thing but is nothing more than throwing an idea out there.

Edit: The more I look at this the less it looks like an H.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:05:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like an "I" with a cactus in the middle.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top