Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2009 2:47:11 PM EDT
I got this with a rifle purchased used, it looks kind of like a vortex but a little different. Does anyone have an idea of what it could be and how much it's worth?
Thanks in advance

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a Smith Enterprise Vortex flash suppressor.  There are many versions.

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 3:20:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a stainless like above.

Here's one on my LMT that you don't often see. These were made for the Canadian Special Forces with no flats for a wrench.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 3:27:33 PM EDT
[#3]
ahh I see. Thanks. I was not aware there were different models of Smith Vortex's.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I got this with a rifle purchased used, it looks kind of like a vortex but a little different. Does anyone have an idea of what it could be and how much it's worth?
Thanks in advance

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/raab35/1219091803b.jpg

IIRC the groove is for a twig ring.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks in advance

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/raab35/1219091803b.jpg

IIRC the groove is for a twig ring.

wuh, so twigs wouldn't get stuck in it? I guess that would work, but I heard it was cause early model ones would open up and break off one of the forks? There may have been something about the harmonics of it having something to do with it also, like a tuning fork vibrating?
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 5:00:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Could be that too, but I distinctly remember something about a twig ring from back when I was building my AR in '99 or so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top