Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/24/2003 5:26:27 PM EDT
Can TA11F and TA31F be mounted on a carry handle without TA51 flat-top adapter?

Another words, Is TA11 exactly the same as TA11F except for reticles and flat-top adapter?  Is TA31 exactly the same as TA31F except for reticles and flat-top adapter?

I appreciate your input in advance very much.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:45:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Sure, you can do that just fine. There is a difference in the bullet drop compensated reticle. The "f" series reticles are configured as if they were being used mounted to a flat top, but I honestly dont know if it will make much of a difference or not if you put it on the handle. I sort of doubt it will make much of a difference, but I cant say for sure. That might possibly be the only thing that would keep you from doing it, but even if it is, it will fit without a problem.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:10:08 PM EDT
[#2]
new-arguy,

So the issue with carry handle version vs flat-top "F" version would be that BDC will be off whether if you mount a carry handle version on flat-top or vice versa, Correct?

Also, Which mounting scheme is better for flat-top "F" version, TA51 Flat-top Adapter or ARMS 19ACOG?

I appreciate your input very much.  It has been very helpful to ready your posts for learning about optics!!

Thank you very much!!
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:48:34 PM EDT
[#3]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=152794[/url]

The answer to all your Q's
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 5:32:03 AM EDT
[#4]
TA51 mount or #19s mount depends on what you value more.

TA51 is a very strong mount that puts the optic slighly lower and is cheaper.

#19s has better repeat zero capability and comes on and off much faster.

I have both, they both work fine, but I like the 19s better for its repeat zero and quick detach features.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top