Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/19/2006 4:20:36 AM EDT
This Wednesday, if everything goes to plan, i'm going to be purchsing my first AR from a member on this board. As you can probably tell i'd like to cover all the bases before i make my investment. i know only so much can be ascertained through looking at a picture over the internet, but if someone would care to inform me whether or not this rifle passes the "one sided pic inspection" i would appreciate it beyond what could be expressed on the computer. also, does the price seem reasonable as well or should i bargain a bit more?

Bushmaster Post-ban M4

Muchos Gracias!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:21:09 AM EDT
[#1]
A used post-ban? $500.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:11:39 AM EDT
[#2]
It's not a bad price but since it's "post ban" I'd offer $650.  $700 is not a bad price and I suspect that you'll be happy.  Maybe offer $700 INCLUDING shipping.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:27:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Thats what my Bushmaster looked like when I first bought her... Untill I made her "Evil".   It would be an alright price if he included shipping, but if your planning on changing out parts (like the fixed stock) your going to be spending more than $700... close enough to just buying a brand new one.

Nathan
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:30:36 AM EDT
[#4]
A used post-ban for $750? Maybe if you live in a ban state, but if you live in a free state, you can mostl likely a get a new no-ban for the same price (less sales tax).
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:32:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Posting this is an indirect CoC violation as it is dumping on an EE post

But since you ask..................

You would have to spend about $150-200 to un-ban the configuration- if that was a desire. By doing so would make it worth around $750.

You could spend another $100 or so, and get a brand new Bushmaster in the M4A3 configuration.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:20:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
A used post-ban? $500.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:30:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:32:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Excuse the noob question but what exactly makes a gun post ban?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:34:34 AM EDT
[#9]
non collapsible stock, no flash hider and no boyonet lug. but the ban is over this was post ban during the AWB
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:42:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
A used post-ban for $750? Maybe if you live in a ban state, but if you live in a free state, you can mostl likely a get a new no-ban for the same price (less sales tax).

Let me know where you can get a Bushmaster M4 no ban for $750, I am down for 2 of them.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:01:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Figure that you will spend (from Bushmaster) :

$ 36.95 for a Phantom flash hider
$ 106.95 for a Bushmaster 6 position telestock
$100 to have Kurts Kustoms or Randall_Rausch cut that piece of crap off the end of the barrel and permently mount the A2 or Vortex flash hider (including shipping)
And you won't have a bayonet lug.

That comes out to about $993.90 not including shipping for the parts.

You could always buy a new M4 from Bushmaster with a perment Izzy or Vortex for $ 270.00, but then you are still going to be in it for $1126.95, possibly more if you don't know how to R&R an AR15 barrel and you don't have the proper tools.

If you did buy a Bushmaster "preban" barrel you could probably sell your barrel for $120 or so, that will help to bring down the cost of your AR15 to around $1006.95.

If I were you I would just buy one of those NIB Bushmaster M4's for $750 that RenegadeX can get.

Seriously, you should just buy a new Bushmaster M4, they retail at $ 1265.00, but you should be able to get one for about $1000 or so from a cool dealer.

Of course you could always buy a no-name 6 position telestock, I have seen complete ones at the local gunshows for $49, the closed-bottom Phantoms go for about $25, and you could get an Oly M4 profile barrel only for $194.00, that would put you at  about $1018.

Then you could always surf the equipment exchange for new or used parts at the smokin deal price.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#12]
a couple of years ago i decided to buy an ar. at that time everything that was avalible to me was
post ban rifles. so i bought a olympic arms plinker for about 600 bucks. sence then i have had to spend over 350 on it to make me semi happy with it

save your money and get a pre ban
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:10:35 AM EDT
[#13]
anyone else feel the same?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let me know where you can get a Bushmaster M4 no ban for $750, I am down for 2 of them.

$880 gets you a M4 A3 and $825 gets the A2 version

Not sure if he's the lowest price - probably not - but they are pretty affordable
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:46:06 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just about any gun show in Texas.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:59:42 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SEBR $761.50

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:01:35 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Posting this is an indirect CoC violation as it is dumping on an EE post

But since you ask..................

You would have to spend about $150-200 to un-ban the configuration- if that was a desire. By doing so would make it worth around $750.

You could spend another $100 or so, and get a brand new Bushmaster in the M4A3 configuration.

This is absolutely not a CoC violation.  He is not posing this question in the ad.  He is doing responsible research about something he is interested in.  I think it is a very poor deal.  

For the marginal price difference between this and a new one, you are taking considerable risk, especially considering that it is not in a desirable configuration.  Buy a stripped lower from a dealer for $100, and buy exactly the parts you want from reputable internet dealers (Del-Ton, JT, Bravo Company, Adco, etc).  The fact that you are seriously considering this deal despite living in a non-AWB state would indicate that you need to do more research before purchasing anything.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:04:43 AM EDT
[#18]
RockoZ, Why would you choose to slam me when you don't even own an AR-15?

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:08:29 AM EDT
[#19]
I would not pay more than $600 for that rifle in Post ban config, and that only if it was pristine.

If they want more than that, get a new no-ban rifle for $200 more, because that's what it will cost to convert it back, at a minimum.

ETA

This rifle is shown with a filthy, filthy chamber and locking lug area - likely it lives like that all the time. That's not necessarily a sign of abuse, but to me it indicates neglect. Those of you who don't clean your weapons will disagree, but I would want to inspect this weapon with a fine toothed comb before buying  or before putting money down.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:11:28 AM EDT
[#20]
$650 max imo

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#21]
i wouldnt pay much,

new is pretty cheap now in no-ban configuration usually around $800 range. with the post ban you get a used bushie and the cost of removal or brake and thread bbl for flashhider plus the cost of a collapsable stock you would have spent just about the same as if you were to buy a new no-ban.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:15:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Bleh, you are all more generous than I am.  Someone wanted to sell me a post ban upper, that appeared to be in failry good condition, for $200.  I told him he could keep it because it looked like the barrel would have to be cut, then rethreaded to accomodate a new muzzle brake, and the FSB would have to be changed to accomodate a bayonet lug.  With all that work involved, I would rather just go with a new Stag upper for $465 and add my own sights.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:34:17 PM EDT
[#23]
thank you all for the great info!

Quoted:

i'm not sure what you're referring to. if it's about the zombie thing i hope you didnt take it personally. it was a joke, thats what the smiley was for. i apologize. are you stalking me? hat
josh
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:56:37 PM EDT
[#24]
I was just about to say the same thing, DR,  before seeing your post.  This rifle was not well cared for, you can tell by the barrel pics too, it almost looks like the starting of rust by the front sight post as well as what you pointed out.

$750's too much - if the chamber looks like that, I'd hate to see the barrel or what the bolt/carrier actually looks like once you get it.  More than likely alot of junk and dirt in the lower too...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:58:25 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
thank you all for the great info!

Quoted:

i'm not sure what you're referring to. if it's about the zombie thing i hope you didnt take it personally. it was a joke, thats what the smiley was for. i apologize. are you stalking me?  see i put a smiley that means i was joking again. but seriously, i apologize.

josh

yeah, what the f*ck is this guy talking about?  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:00:05 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Bleh, you are all more generous than I am.  Someone wanted to sell me a post ban upper, that appeared to be in failry good condition, for $200.  I told him he could keep it because it looked like the barrel would have to be cut, then rethreaded to accomodate a new muzzle brake, and the FSB would have to be changed to accomodate a bayonet lug.  With all that work involved, I would rather just go with a new Stag upper for $465 and add my own sights.  

sounds like you might have passed up a steal of a deal.

bayo lugs are worthless on a carbine so i dont see the point and to remove the brake is only about $65 from adco some can even be taken off at home and are already threaded underneath.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:23:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I've put less than 500 rounds total through it (more like 300 probably). Cleaned it after every sitting (down to the firing pin each time, its allways shiney). I take WONDERFUL care of my stuff.. the gun rests in a nice warmed room, there's no rust or anything even close to it...

home.comcast.net/~kkristek/Rifle004.jpg

Wow it doesnt look too clean to me......
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:54:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Doesn't look too dirty to me.  Looks too be about 50rds worth of filth in there.  I know I don't clean my AR's after 50 rounds. it would be a waste of time.  It’s hard to say if 500rds is an honest assessment.  Look to see if there’s any wear on the cam pin recess in the upper.  Mine wore a little bit after about 1000rds.  

I bought my Bushmaster during the ban, and it was just like this configuration.  I still haven't had the y-comp replaced yet.   The y-comp is a great compensator, but it will piss off anyone else around since it's so loud.  It also will blow a lot of crap back into your face.  Shooting up against a wall or near a barricade, it makes my eyes tear up.  I keep debating whether or not I should have it removed and a vortex installed, or if I should buy a 1:7 M4 profile barrel and get a bilock pinned on. Or maybe even get a lightweight barrel...

I don't see any reason in changing the FS just for a bayo-lug.

$750 seems a bit much… considering that you could get a new rockriver AR-15 for around that much from Adco.  http://www.adcofirearms.com/itemdetails.cfm?inventorynumber=1324
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:02:00 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
anyone else feel the same?

No, I buy quality ARs that run fine out of the box...
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:59:16 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SEBR $761.50

SEBR sale is closed.
I bought 2.

Still waiting for that smoking deal on a Bushmaster M4 for $750....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top