Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2004 12:40:19 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/21/2004 1:58:23 PM EST by Aahhyes68]
This is my "Post Ban" 16" upper and I want to install a FH.

Can I assume the bbl is threaded ?

Can I do it myself withought destroying anything ??

Yes, I am handy with tools....

OR... Do I send it out ?

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:06:34 PM EST
Is that an Olympic?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:15:16 PM EST

No Sir. Armalite AR15M4. Factory.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:24:23 PM EST
I think that type of compensator is just pressed on, then held in place with those pins. I don't believe it's threaded, which would mean you'd have to send it out. Maybe, though, you can save yourself some money and remove it, then get it threaded and install the flash hider. However, I don't think those pressed-on ones are hard to take off, so it may not save you money. However, I could be wrong. But I do believe it isn't threaded under there.

Kevhug.gif
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:52:16 PM EST
Since you are handy with tools............Try the verticle application of a hack-saw with a fine tooth blade just behind the MB. This should adequately remove it and leave you with a surface ready for threading or other after market treatments. Have fun!

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:43:01 PM EST

Originally Posted By Aahhyes68:
This is my "Post Ban" 16" upper and I want to install a FH.

Can I assume the bbl is threaded ?

Can I do it myself withought destroying anything ??

Yes, I am handy with tools....

Not threaded.
Yes, you could remove it by driving out those two pins and removing it with a press or cutting it off if the press-fit is too tight.

You'd still need to send it out to be countoured and threaded, unless you've got access to a lathe.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 11:18:45 AM EST
looking at where the pins are,It might not need to be turned down, It looks like the muzzle might already be .5 inch, so maybe it just needs to be threaded.
Top Top