Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/30/2009 8:24:43 AM EDT
Just wondering.  Not alot of fixed stocks on gunbroker, but plenty o' adjustable stocks.

I'm in NY.  Can I buy the adjustable stock and pin it myself?  I'm pretty handy.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:34:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:41:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yes.

Cool.  Do you know if there is a thread here to show proper way to do this?  I can't seem to find anything in the build thread.  

Much thanks!

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:58:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.

Cool.  Do you know if there is a thread here to show proper way to do this?  I can't seem to find anything in the build thread.  

Much thanks!

I just pinned a Vltor E-Mod and a CTR. Just get it to the lenghth you want and drill an 1/8th inch hole though the stock and into the flat part of the buffer tube. DO NOT GO ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE OTHER SIDE. Knock a 18th inch roll pin into the hole and cover with some epoxy (optional). Your stock is now "blind pinned" and the people of NYS will be safe.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 9:12:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.

Much thanks!

I just pinned a Vltor E-Mod and a CTR. Just get it to the lenghth you want and drill an 1/8th inch hole though the stock and into the flat part of the buffer tube. DO NOT GO ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE OTHER SIDE. Knock a 18th inch roll pin into the hole and cover with some epoxy (optional). Your stock is now "blind pinned" and the people of NYS will be safe.

You the man!!  Thanks for the guidance.  I have a fixed length on order from RRA that will be cancelled in the next 2 minutes.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 10:02:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.

Much thanks!

Will a dealer ship a collapsible stock to me?  A website I went to would not do it.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 10:16:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Because of liability, they probably won't ship to you in NY.  Anyone can say they are going to make the collapsible stock PINNED, and then NOT do it.

You can call and explain and ask they send you one, but likely they won't.  You may have to find an out of state address to have it shipped and go and pick it up.

As well, it wouldn't hurt to find a NY gun forum and ask the question about doing a pinned stock yourself, or even better, look up the law and read it.  You never know if they make it illegal to even posses it for a short time before the pinning is performed.  An FFL/Gunsmith could probably answer the question for you, as well, they may be able to order the collapisble stock for you and get it because they are an FFL/Gunsmith, and the sender will be confident that it won't be used illegally.  Of course the FFL/Gunsmith will probably insist they pin the stock themselves, to ensure you don't use it illegally, so there will be additional fees.

I have to have my 30rd Mags sent to my brother in NC, in Maryland >20rd magazines are illegal for sale/xfer/manufacture, but legal to posses.  So you have to buy them out of state and bring them back with you, no one will ship >20rd mags to MD, no matter where the sale was made, shipping a MAG to MD direct from seller to buyer, can be interpreted or misconstrued as selling it in MD.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 10:52:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.

Much thanks!

Will a dealer ship a collapsible stock to me?  A website I went to would not do it.

You need to find a different vendor. Check your IM's
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 10:58:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Because of liability, they probably won't ship to you in NY.  Anyone can say they are going to make the collapsible stock PINNED, and then NOT do it.

You can call and explain and ask they send you one, but likely they won't.  You may have to find an out of state address to have it shipped and go and pick it up.

As well, it wouldn't hurt to find a NY gun forum and ask the question about doing a pinned stock yourself, or even better, look up the law and read it.  You never know if they make it illegal to even posses it for a short time before the pinning is performed.  An FFL/Gunsmith could probably answer the question for you, as well, they may be able to order the collapisble stock for you and get it because they are an FFL/Gunsmith, and the sender will be confident that it won't be used illegally.  Of course the FFL/Gunsmith will probably insist they pin the stock themselves, to ensure you don't use it illegally, so there will be additional fees.

I have to have my 30rd Mags sent to my brother in NC, in Maryland >20rd magazines are illegal for sale/xfer/manufacture, but legal to posses.  So you have to buy them out of state and bring them back with you, no one will ship >20rd mags to MD, no matter where the sale was made, shipping a MAG to MD direct from seller to buyer, can be interpreted or misconstrued as selling it in MD.

From my reading the text of the ban, the collapsible stock has to be attached to the rifle in question.  

High capacity mags seem to be the main target, but, I can buy "preban" 30 round mags up the wazoo.  I have 3 of them that are pre-ban but I can see NO WAY that a police office would know if it's pre ban or not.  So, does that mean? I get arrested and have to prove it's preban in a court of law?  And the whole bayo lug thing.  Jesus.  

I guess we still have it lucky in NY.  Kommiefornia is a complete joke.  Imagine having to pull a pin and crack your rifle in half to load a permanently fixed 10 round mag.  

It's just fucking idiotic.  

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top