Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 11/1/2004 11:18:36 AM EST
Since the AWB is nonexistent I shold be able to build a ar pistol, right? I have heard a new stripped receiver has to be used and I have to register it as a pistol receiver. How do I do this?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:54:43 AM EST
Just did the same thing last week. I purchased what the manufacturer (Oly Arms) called a "Virgin" lower. They sent it to my local FFL dealer as a "Virgin" lower and the FFL dealer logged it in as a "Pistol Lower". It was that simple. The cost of the stripped pistol lower was the same as any other stripped lower.

Hope this helps,
MadDog
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:57:51 AM EST
And please remember that a vertical foregrip is a big "no-no" on an AR pistol.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:16:29 PM EST
Why is a vertical front grip bad?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:28:45 PM EST

Originally Posted By 5654:

It makes it an NFA weapon (AOW).

Federal offense without the proper Federal registration/fees, where it is even legal at all (varies from state-to-state IIRC).
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:51:28 PM EST

Originally Posted By HardShell:

Federal offense without the proper Federal registration/fees, where it is even legal at all (varies from state-to-state IIRC).

You guys continue to suprise me. Sometimes I truly wonder who came up with all these weird and wonderful laws of yours....
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:58:25 PM EST

Originally Posted By TheFlyingFinn:

Originally Posted By HardShell:

You guys continue to suprise me. Sometimes I truly wonder who came up with all these weird and wonderful laws of yours....

Democrats, of course...
Top Top