Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2004 12:18:36 PM EDT
Since the AWB is nonexistent I shold be able to build a ar pistol, right? I have heard a new stripped receiver has to be used and I have to register it as a pistol receiver. How do I do this?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:54:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Just did the same thing last week.  I purchased what the manufacturer (Oly Arms) called a "Virgin" lower.  They sent it to my local FFL dealer as a "Virgin" lower and the FFL dealer logged it in as a "Pistol Lower".  It was that simple.  The cost of the stripped pistol lower was the same as any other stripped lower.

Hope this helps,
MadDog
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:57:51 PM EDT
[#2]
And please remember that a vertical foregrip is a big "no-no" on an AR pistol.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:16:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Why is a vertical front grip bad?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:28:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

It makes it an NFA weapon (AOW).

Federal offense without the proper Federal registration/fees, where it is even legal at all (varies from state-to-state IIRC).
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:51:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Federal offense without the proper Federal registration/fees, where it is even legal at all (varies from state-to-state IIRC).

You guys continue to suprise me. Sometimes I truly wonder who came up with all these weird and wonderful laws of yours....
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:58:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You guys continue to suprise me. Sometimes I truly wonder who came up with all these weird and wonderful laws of yours....

Democrats, of course...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top