Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2006 2:28:02 AM EDT
Anyone know a product or service that can blacken my shiny silver stainless AR barrel?  I'm looking for something that matches the mil-spec phosphate appearance on government barrels.

And for all you wiseguys, the picture of the Krylon paint can isn't funny.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:33:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:01:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
KG

Thanks for your reply.  Can you tell me what specific KG finish you'd recommend?  Also, what color best matches a USGI phosphate finish?

And finally, if ADCO performs this service, will I be assured the rifling of my $400 match-grade barrel won't be harmed?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:59:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
KG

Thanks for your reply.  Can you tell me what specific KG finish you'd recommend?  Also, what color best matches a USGI phosphate finish?

And finally, if ADCO performs this service, will I be assured the rifling of my $400 match-grade barrel won't be harmed?

Just curious why you have a match barrel and want to match parkerizing so bad?

Is this purely a range gun?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:02:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
[

Just curious why you have a match barrel and want to match parkerizing so bad?

Is this purely a range gun?

The rest of my rifle is black and I'd like to keep the barrel the same color as opposed to the shiny stainless.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:09:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I use KG in flat black in the aerosol form from Brownells. Pre-heat & bake. Holding up well so far...
-Justin
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:31:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Another alternative is to have the SS bead-blasted. That will give you barrel a dull grey finish. I've had this done to several guns and liked the results. BSW
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top