Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/20/2009 1:49:42 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:51:13 PM EST
The splintered "A" is Anchor Harvey, they made carry handle forgings for Colt.

I'm not sure if they made carry handles for any other manufacturers, but I wouldn't doubt it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:33:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By ftwm:
The splintered "A" is Anchor Harvey, they made carry handle forgings for Colt.

I'm not sure if they made carry handles for any other manufacturers, but I wouldn't doubt it.

I bought two carry handles direct from the Bushmaster web site that had the anchor harvey forge mark.
Who knows where the OP's handle came from. (vendor).
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:53:14 PM EST
I wish there was a definitive thread on this. I bought a Colt carry handle. came off an LEO colt and I could not find any info any where on how to Identify who makes what
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:09:06 PM EST
Originally Posted By YoteSlayer69:
I wish there was a definitive thread on this. I bought a Colt carry handle. came off an LEO colt and I could not find any info any where on how to Identify who makes what

Well the forge mark is there to identify who made it. There are a few forgers building uppers/lowers/carry handles for all the companies. Then it comes down to things like anodizing and what parts they use to complete the rifle
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:50:36 PM EST
My carry handle has an AF meaning alcho forge. Best I could come up with to confirm it's colt. Beside's the fact it came off a colt rifle. Is Colt Alcoha forge. But my handle does not have a C. The op's carry handle than could not be identified except to what forge and not the end user. This mystery of identifing carry handle's may never be solved.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:13:57 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/20/2009 4:15:11 PM EST by Quentin]
Hey thanks for the replies, guys!

I think CB1 is right that it's a Bushmaster since a fellow here looked at it and he said it looked like a Bushy.

I was thinking the A on the right (not the splintered A) might be ArmaLite but they'd probably put AR instead.

I agree it would be nice to have a definitive thread IDing removable carry handles.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:21:52 PM EST
Originally Posted By Quentin:

I think CB1 is right that it's a Bushmaster since a fellow here looked at it and he said it looked like a Bushy.

I was thinking the A on the right (not the splintered A) might be ArmaLite but they'd probably put AR instead.

I agree it would be nice to have a definitive thread IDing removable carry handles.

There's just no way to identify them, other than the forger. For instance, you might see a Cardinal upper receiver on 3 different manufacturer's rifles. In that case, does it matter if the carry handle came from a CMMG or a Del-Ton if they were both forged in the same building anyway??
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:00:08 PM EST
Originally Posted By deuce_22:
Originally Posted By Quentin:

There's just no way to identify them, other than the forger. For instance, you might see a Cardinal upper receiver on 3 different manufacturer's rifles. In that case, does it matter if the carry handle came from a CMMG or a Del-Ton if they were both forged in the same building anyway??

Forging isn't the big deal, it's the machining and finishing, and small parts you have to worry about.
Top Top