Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/29/2003 6:28:37 AM EDT
Ive been wondering for some time if a miltary FH could be made Post Ban legal.I know you can get a CAV Comp that looks like a FH but what makes them legal where a FH is not.I would think if you took a FH and bored it past where the treads end(open up the fh area) and opened the slots up where they where starait it would be like a MB instead of a FH.I know on the 3 prong I have there a 3 humps past the threads that would direct the flame so Im assuming thats what makes it a FH.I havent seen a CAV Comp so I cant compair the two.I know Id still have to have it welded and ill probably end up getting a CAV Comp but it does make me wonder.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:32:41 AM EDT
[#1]
NO, a modified A1 or A2 FS would still probably be considered "verboten" by the gestapo boys.

Mike
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 7:20:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I would think that you could make one post ban legal by modifying it so that the end of the muzzle device sits flush with the end of the barrel.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:04:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I would think that you could make one post ban legal by modifying it so that the end of the muzzle device sits flush with the end of the barrel.
View Quote

No, the diameter would still be 22mm thus making it a grenade launcher.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 11:21:28 AM EDT
[#4]
sf46
   I had thought about doing just that.I found a website once where they were doing this conversion.Still had the look but wasnt functional.

Forrest
    What about a 3 prong?The one I have is tapered.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 11:55:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Doesn't matter; as long as any one part of it is 22mm in diameter, it's illegal on a post-ban rifle.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
Doesn't matter; as long as any one part of it is 22mm in diameter, it's illegal on a post-ban rifle.
View Quote

Correct.  I even posted a news release from 1964 on AR15-L last week.  It specifically mentioned the M16's 3 prong flash supressor could also launch grenades.

You want the look?  Then buy one of Kurt's Kustom muzzle brakes.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top