Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2003 10:51:34 PM EDT
I don't want to spend and arm and a leg, but I would like to camo paint my AR. I would like suggestions on paint and styles others have used as well as pics. I have seen some pretty good profesional paint jobs, but I know there has to be some do-it-yourself experts out there as well. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 6:21:45 AM EDT
[#1]
If you do a search on Yahoo using Krylon and camoflage rifle, you given a lot of sites where people have camo'd their rifles with Krylon Camo paint available at walmart with good success.  I haven't tried it yet but planning on it soon.  Search this site too their are good examples of ar15's already done, good luck.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:10:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I used H.S.Cammo removeable cammo paint on mine. It does a good job of covering, is fairly durable, and can be remove should I want to go back to black. When a spot wears thin I just shoot a touch up shot and all is well. I think it comes in a kit called Bowflage or something like that.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 8:15:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I used H.S.Cammo removeable cammo paint on mine. It does a good job of covering, is fairly durable, and can be remove should I want to go back to black. When a spot wears thin I just shoot a touch up shot and all is well. I think it comes in a kit called Bowflage or something like that.
View Quote

yep, "Bowflage"

It can be removed with brake cleaner.

Do a search for "Tan AR" in the AR discussions, there have been a couple threads along these lines that have a lot of info on camo.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top