Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/5/2003 6:45:32 AM EDT
Does anybody know if making a ar-15 .22lr legal in Calif.   I live in the Republic of California, and the laws here are very restrictive.  Can anyone help?  Thanks....
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:07:52 AM EDT
[#1]
There are discussions elsewhere on this board about making CA-legal ARs in .223 and I assume .22LR is the same.  Definitely check them out to make sure you know exactly what restrictions you need to meet.  The tricky part will probably be making a non-removable 10-round magazine.  

Perhaps you could get an upper built around whichever kit uses the inserts in regular magazines and use a FAB-10 lower.  (Assuming that the 10-round magazine is long enough for the insert.)

Or maybe you could take a FAB-10 and replace the  10-round .223 magazine with the .22LR one.  I think that'd be pretty easy with a Ciener since they're metal and you could rivet them in, but you'd probably have to cut a hole in the fixed bottom plate for the mag to clear.  I don't know how you'd fix one of the plastic magazines in place that would be considered permanent by CA authorities.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:13:45 AM EDT
[#2]
DPMS makes an AR-15 .22lr that only uses its magazines, and they are only 10 shot. It runs for 629.00, but I want to make my own so I can make my mods as I build the lower.   i.e.  different grips, and stock..
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 6:02:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
DPMS makes an AR-15 .22lr that only uses its magazines, and they are only 10 shot. It runs for 629.00, but I want to make my own so I can make my mods as I build the lower.   i.e.  different grips, and stock..
View Quote

The problem is that these mags fit into a standard AR-15 magwell that will also accept Hi-Cap AR-15 mags.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top