Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 2/9/2006 2:30:18 PM EST

I visited a store and they had a california legal AR-15 with a magazine where you have to open the rifle to load it. It was really nice but my question is that I'm going to move to Arizona soon and I want to convert it so it can have a detachable magazine. Would it be able to function just like a normal Ar15 without opening it up to load it? Can you open up a normal AR 15 and load it just like the CA version ones? Thanks in advance. I'm glad I'm moving out of california.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:45:06 PM EST
If you are indeed moving soon just wait and build/buy one after the move.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:09:08 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/9/2006 3:09:48 PM EST by uspcompact45]
Thanks for the response.

Yes, I have thought about that but I will probably move back to california after my education and I can't bring a non-CA rifle back into the state. I was hoping that I buy the CA legal rifle, move to Arizona where I can convert it by just making the 10 rd mag detachable. Then before I come into california, I'll make the 10 rd mag so it can't be detached. This way I get the best of both worlds without making it illegal. I just don't know if a CA legal rifle can function exactly the same as a normal one.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:26:40 PM EST
Friends don't let friends buy ANYTHING from Vulcan/Hexxe Arms.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:38:37 PM EST

Originally Posted By CitizenSoldier:
Friends don't let friends buy ANYTHING from Vulcan/Hexxe Arms.

I second that too! If you are moving go out and buy something like the Knights Armament SR 15 M4 battle rifle or another brand. Sell the Vulcan. I have a FAB10 that Iam trying to sell right now. It's the older ones from Marysville,CA that dont have those new problems I hear with the ones made in NV.
Top Top