Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2006 12:32:59 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/17/2006 12:33:58 AM EST by Force-Recon]
Just wondering? It sure would be nice to have good working USA made AK mag, then the crap that is out ther now. I know there are alot of cheap ak Com-Block mags out there but it sure would be nice to have a well made US AK mag. If the price was about the same as your standard AR mag, I think they woud do well.

Just a thought?

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:05:08 AM EST
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:19:29 AM EST
With the abundance of quality surplus com-block mags, the amount of steel/polymer required, lack of opportunity for military contracts, cost of ramping up tooling, etc... I think making a buck on AK mags would be difficult, at best.

Now - if the supply was completely cut off from imports, and the amount in country did not meet demand..... and prices on mags skyrocketed to $25 plus...... maybe.... maybe....
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:06:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/17/2006 6:40:32 PM EST by binford]
There were a lot of interest expressed in a high cap mag for the Saiga .308 . A poster who went by "daewoo", made big promise for a 25 round mag for the S-308 , and then mysteriously dissapeared. There was a long preproduction list compiled on the Saiga-12 site of how many mags folks were interested in ordering. As of currently, only factory 8 round mags are available, which are imported from Russia.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:51:58 AM EST
Without issues of collectibility the mags that seem in the most demand would be 5.56x45 mags though there is not universal applications between the different 5.56 rifles. One for the Saiga, different one for the Bulgarian builds and yet another for the Chi-com and yet a different one for the Romanian series of ak. As many 5.45x39 ak owners are suffering from ammo availibility problems the talk is about adopting the 5.56 chambered guns to insure ammo when the Democrats seize power again and strangle the flow of new/surplus ammo.
Top Top