Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/5/2015 3:03:51 PM EDT
Going through my mags I found I had bought some C Products a few years ago, and I seem to remember some bad press on them. These are 30-rd, black coated stainless steel. Slanted C Products logo with the pistol for the 'P', Newington, CT. Any thoughts on them?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:52:33 PM EDT
[#1]
check the springs to make sure they haven't rusted
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:46:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Going through my mags I found I had bought some C Products a few years ago, and I seem to remember some bad press on them. These are 30-rd, black coated stainless steel. Slanted C Products logo with the pistol for the 'P', Newington, CT. Any thoughts on them?
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:56:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this.
Gummy paint, flexy walls, history of feed issues.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:57:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, nothing to do but try them out.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:44:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Hi,

These magazines are about the same as current ASC production.  ASC is currently making magazines using the same C Products LLC tooling with the same black Marlube coating.  Best Regards
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:14:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this.

I have more then a few(over30) of the stainless steel mags with the Teflon paint from back in 2008/2009 and have had zero issues with any of them.
I have no idea what your saying about gummy paint, flexy walls no any feed problems.
I went with the CS springs and have no problems with rust either. Living in the deserts of Arizona rust is never a concern. I'll take the improved spring life over stainless steel mag springs any day.
I love my old CP mags and wish I had more of them.... YMMV
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:30:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I have more then a few(over30) of the stainless steel mags with the Teflon paint from back in 2008/2009 and have had zero issues with any of them.
I have no idea what your saying about gummy paint, flexy walls no any feed problems.
I went with the CS springs and have no problems with rust either. Living in the deserts of Arizona rust is never a concern. I'll take the improved spring life over stainless steel mag springs any day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this.

My CP SS mags that I got new from 44mag from around the same time period are painted with a thick, gummy paint that rubs off the high spots down to bare metal the first time you insert them, and wouldn't drop free from any lower even empty.  The springs are CS and they haven't corroded.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:32:00 PM EDT
[#8]
The ones I have don't scratch that easily and do drop free. I have some straight 20rd too, and I have used those with no problems. I was just going through all my AR mags because I decided to replace all the green followers with Magpuls and I needed a count. I won't mess with the CPs. It turned out that I only needed 24 followers, all for my '90s original G.I. mags. Other 30rd mags I have are the CPs, Lancer, Brownell's tan follower and a few D&H. In the G.I.s, I had replaced the black followers with green years ago when they were the thing to have - they never were that great. This whole thing started when my neighbor gave me three G.I. mags that somebody had put Magpul followers in. I was impressed with the followers and decided to clean the mags up and paint them. Then, as projects do, it grew into doing the followers in all my G.I. mags.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:41:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I was able to talk to Larry several times at various Shot Shows and we talked a lot about his development of Mags and our experiences in SE/Asia.  I see him as an honest and dedicated Vietnam vet who ran a successful business because his product was/is good.  I bought a bunch of his steel mags and I made them into what I wanted.  I took the CMMG coiled springs and their stainless follower and put them into Larry's steel mag bodies after I had hand polished the inside.  I tested each mad with three 30 round loads of issue M193 and they worked as slick as I did in a Bangkok beauty.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:00:18 PM EDT
[#10]
If Larry is such a "stand up guy" why is he "banned for life" here?

Also his son Larry jr. (who was heavily involved in the business) is reason enough for me not to do business with them.

Way too many years locking crap like him up.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:37:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Also his son Larry jr. (who was heavily involved in the business) is reason enough for me not to do business with them.

View Quote

is that the one that got selling coke?
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:47:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

McALLEN — A Florida gang member pleaded guilty Friday after he bought guns for federal agents posing as a Mexican drug cartel.

Lawrence James Panka pleaded guilty Friday counts of drug and weapons conspiracy before U.S. District Judge Randy Crane.

Agents with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives arrested Panka after a month long, undercover operation that began in Pharr and concluded in Sarasota, Fla., where they caught him as he was cutting into a brick of cocaine, court records show.

The investigation began in September 2012, when ATF agents learned Panka had been traveling to Pharr looking to sell automatic rifles to Mexican drug cartels for $2,000, or one ounce of cocaine, each.

An ATF agent posing as a Mexican drug cartel member looking for guns met in November with Panka, who told him that he could bring him automatic rifles that could be taken to Mexico.

The following day, Panka called the agent and asked if he had the necessary connections to get him five kilograms of cocaine and 400 pounds of marijuana, court records state. The agent said he had to garner approval from his bosses to make those deals, but that it could be done.

Soon after, the agent called Panka and said his bosses agreed to trade drugs for guns. The first trade was supposed to be a half kilo for 16 rifles and a second kilo as a deposit for additional weapons.

On Dec. 11, Panka brought two enforcers with him as they met with a group of undercover ATF agents posing as Mexican cartel members to finalize the guns for drug trade. The agents took three kilos of cocaine and asked Panka to pick one. Once the kilo had been picked, Panka cut into it to test it, but was immediately arrested along with his enforcers.

Panka’s sentencing date has not been set.

The alleged co-conspirators in the case, Brandon Houston and Jantzen Wheeler, are expected in court Tuesday for a final pre-trial hearing. Both also face drug and gun conspiracy charges.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

<Comments removed .........dpmmn>

Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:43:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Who is "them"? Are you referring to C Products Defense? You are aware that its not the same company as CP LLC which went out of business 4-5 years ago and that Larry has nothing to do with them right? He consulted for them back in 2011 when they first opened but Larry works for LCJ Wholesale, not CPD. Larry Jr never worked for CPD.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is "them"? Are you referring to C Products Defense? You are aware that its not the same company as CP LLC which went out of business 4-5 years ago and that Larry has nothing to do with them right? He consulted for them back in 2011 when they first opened but Larry works for LCJ Wholesale, not CPD. Larry Jr never worked for CPD.

Hello Larry how you doing these days ?

Can any one here say troll account ?
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 11:01:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 8:24:41 PM EDT
[#16]
More drama than just about any other mag manufacturer.  It's unfortunate, because the idea of a reliable SS mag had its merits.  I still have some early ones that run fine, but I also ended up with some later ones that were unusable.  The CS springs suck as far as rust resistance (rusted while in sealed bags).  

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 5:02:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Once again be careful, C Products Defense and C Products LLC are NOT the same company. Different tooling, different owner(s), completely different product.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 5:03:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope not Larry. Verified by the mods here.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 6:28:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Why in the hell would anyone spend money on an unproven magazine when there are so many DAMN GOOD choices (and cheaper) mags???

Go with...

Okay Industries
Colt (manufactured by Okay Industries)
NHMTG (manufactured by Okay Industries)
Magpul
Lancer.

Nuff said!

(Or you can listen to someone who just joined, shilling CP with EVERYONE of his 3 posts)

Nothing suspious either that he's out of Florida
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 5:22:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Why in the hell would anyone spend money on an unproven magazine when there are so many DAMN GOOD choices (and cheaper) mags???

Go with...

Okay Industries
Magpul
Lancer.

Nuff said!

(Or you can listen to someone who just joined, shilling CP with EVERYONE of his 3 posts)

View Quote

Hmmm.

I'm shocked.   I never thought I'd see the day when you would recommend plastic Magpul's,  SS?  My martial arts instructor's 98 pound son was able to trash gen3 Magpul by stepping on it,  the CPD Inc. magazine survived the same test just fine.  I like aluminium magazines, and I have to disagree Magpul's are better than CPD  Inc.,  D&H, Center, etc.  O-kay's are fine but other companies make great metal magazines too.

Regards:
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 9:42:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Go with...

Okay Industries
Magpul
Lancer.

Nuff said!

View Quote

Sir you seem to have a real problem with anything with the letter C in the name. In no way, shape, or form did I preach CPD or it's products, I simply have come on here and pointed out that C Products LLC and C Products Defense are two entirely different companies and should be treated as such.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 12:14:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 5:59:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 5:59:34 PM EDT
[#24]
see last post.......dpmmn
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 6:05:14 PM EDT
[#25]
dpmmn
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#26]
dpmmn
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top