Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2009 7:18:32 PM EDT
Anybody find a fix for the 9mm C products mags that lock back when there is still 1 round left in the mag.

Thanks
Paul
Link Posted: 2/12/2009 7:32:37 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind of fix are you looking for?  For an RRA, removing .020" from the top of the mag catch slot works.  Doing so makes the CProducts mags match the modified Uzi mags.
Link Posted: 2/14/2009 4:12:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Instead i trimmed .020 off of the part of the  follower that engages the bolt stop, i will let you know how it works

thanks
Paul
Link Posted: 2/14/2009 4:52:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Just curious - do you have the latest magazine followers?  I've not had this issue in any of my dozen mags - all purchased in the past 4 months.
Link Posted: 2/15/2009 3:35:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I purchased these from 44mag in August of 2008, I dont know if they are latest design followers the mags are marked 9mm SS on the 32rnd and 9mm SS X on the 20rnd, both have given me 1rnd in mag with bolt locked back.

Paul
Link Posted: 2/15/2009 9:21:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Whats the general concensus on the top loading cproducts mag block?
Good or bad?
Link Posted: 2/16/2009 7:21:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Good or bad?

It needs to be able to somehow lock or index in the front of the magwell, or else it just dips forward and the gun cannot cycle.

I replaced mine with an RRA, and it functions 100%.  FANMAZING.
Link Posted: 2/16/2009 8:10:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good or bad?

It needs to be able to somehow lock or index in the front of the magwell, or else it just dips forward and the gun cannot cycle.

Can you run the polymer pro mags with your RRA block?
Link Posted: 2/16/2009 11:04:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anybody find a fix for the 9mm C products mags that lock back when there is still 1 round left in the mag.

Thanks
Paul

You have to shave the FRONT of the follower down so it will come up reliably past the bullet guide at the front of the mag block.
Link Posted: 2/17/2009 6:07:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good or bad?

You CAN, and people have said that they work and that they activate the bolt hold open feature too.  I would not go out of my way to buy Pro Mags, (I've seen far more really bad feedback on them than good feedback) but they should work for you.
Link Posted: 2/17/2009 2:29:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good or bad?

I don't have one to test.  All 5 of my CProducts mags work 100% start to finish.  They are fantastic.  Orange followers!  So I don't even have a reason to try out a promag!  I'm so happy that this thing works perfectly.  The bolt locks back on the last shot, not before.  It feeds 115 fmj, 147 hp, 147 flat point.  So far those are the only 3 types of ammo I've tried to fire out of it, but 115 fmj to 147 hp is pretty much the entire range of ammo.  I haven't tried 158's, but I don't care either.

CProducts is in the town in my state that has both of the big gunstores.  It's right smack in the middle of the state, less than an hour away from anybody.  I hear their return/replace policy is rock-solid, so I have no problems ordering from them.

If anybody wants to drive here to try it out, feel free.  You can use your mags or whatever.  This thing is sweet.  I didn't even have to adjust it, I just slid it in and tightened it, and it worked.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 7:10:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Well i got to the range and all 4 of the mags that i modified work great, bolt stays open on empty mag now

Thanks
Paul
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top