Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/17/2003 7:24:00 AM EDT
Extreme AR15 Newbie...

Saw one the other day @ Dillon in Scottsdale, AZ.  I went in to look @ OKO, which was out of stock.  Any experience with this sight?  Pros/cons?  I intend to put it on Colt M6400C Post-ban M4,A3.

Should I stick with my original decision (OKO), or opt for the C-More Tactical?  BTW, I'm not considering price difference as a factor.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 7:30:34 AM EDT
[#1]
run away

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=165641&w=searchPop[/url]

The most recent thread that says it all.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 8:14:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Lumpy,
Thanks for the link.  Seems the consensus says to bag the C-More & opt for the OKO.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 10:55:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Lumpy,
Thanks for the link.  Seems the consensus says to bag the C-More & opt for the OKO.
View Quote

Good Choice.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 1:43:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Or get an Aimpoint or EOTech.  I had one before I knew anything about optics, the "tactical" model cost about as much as an Aimpoint in 2000 and not nearly as good.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 2:12:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Had one. Sold it(cheap). Went with an Aimpoint M2. Never looked back. [B)]
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 4:44:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the input guys.  Now it seems I'm leaning toward the EOTech, which now begs the question...red dot or reticle?

My applications will include, but are not limited to: plinking at the range, tactical stuff (CQD I believe it is referred as), and perhaps some varmint elimination.

Do most AR15ers alternate between scope and red dot sight?  Or is it generally one or the other?

Next stop...bipod, followed by tactical light.

Geez, I thought accessorizing a Harley Davidson was exciting!  

Thanks again,
Scott

Link Posted: 8/17/2003 6:21:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I think most of us have more than one rifle, if not then more than one upper.  I like dedicated optics for each rifle or upper, why not take advantage of the AR's versatility?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top