Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/18/2007 1:41:01 AM EDT
Tried using the search function few times but looks the the engine is down.  Just wanted to see what you guys think of the C-More Red Dot Sight.

I really like the style but want to get some opinions from owners.  Is it durable and how does it compare like other red dot sights such as: aimpoint or eotech... thanks in advance.

ps. searching for a sight for my a4 midlength
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:00:27 AM EDT
[#1]
There are a number of members who have C-more optics. The feedbacks vary. I for one did not have much luck with it.

It did not hold zero for me. I finally ruined the plastic housing of mine from constantly adjusting and tightening the windage and elevation screws.

I found it also very difficult to adjust / zero because the adjustment screws did not have positive clicks (though the makers say that this was purposely done so you can achieve a precise adjustment).

Other members though have better experience with them.

Much as I trust Cmore to be a reputable brand ... and much as I like the overall design of the optics (not being LEO or military) ... I still chose to get an Aimpoint and an EOtech on my next purchase.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:54:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I used something very similar to the Cmore in the IDF.  It might have actually been a C-More made under license.  Anyway, here's my experience:

It felt cheap as a lot of it was made of plastic.  I know plastics can be very tough when they are glass-filled, but a lot of these parts were small with thin cross-sections.  It was difficult to lock in a zero.  The unit required a small screwdriver to manipulate windage/elavation and after aquiring a zero, you would have to screw the little caps back on which, more often than not, would shift the zero.  But, once it was zeroed, it held.  The glass was also fairly exposed.  I saw a few of them break because of this.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the insight guys.  I am in the market for a optic that is easy to use, durable and reliable.  The style is what attracted me to the C-more but after hearing from you guys.. I'll look into eotech or aimpoint.

Any more reviews would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:11:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to use C-More scopes on my open pistols when I was shooting USPSA, along with thousands of others. It has been a very popular scope for race guns. They worked great for that. Would they hold up to hard use, probably not, but they did take a ton or rounds and some serious blast from the open guns.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top