Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 4:05:25 AM EDT
I sent out my CZ upper to have the barrel threaded but they sent it back saying it was pressed on.  I was under the impression it was attached the same as an AR barrel.  I guess these guys only work on barrels that they can remove from the receiver.

You guys that have had your CZ uppers threaded, did they just do it with the barrel still attached?  Can you post who did the work for you?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:45:13 AM EDT
[#1]
The CZ barrel IS NOT pressed on.  It is attatched just like a standard AR barrel, with the barrel nut.  Because it does not use a gas tube there are no holes for one.  Therefore a standard barrel nut wrench will not fit in the barrel nut.  I had to make my own wrench.  Randal at ar15barrels.com can hook ya up on the threading.  He does a great job.  Tell him I sent ya and tell him the barrel DOES come off with removal of the barrel nut.  If all else fails get ahold of me and you can send me your upper and I will send it back de-barreled. Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I was able to remove the barrel pretty easily so I don't know what the problem was on the other end that they couldn't get it out.

I'll send it down to your guy this time to get it threaded.

Thanks alot.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I took the barrel off mine by hand, took it in to the gunsmith along with a Miculek Break and for $40 had the barrel taped and the break installed...havent shot it yet, I also acquired a cheap (relative) YHM Free Float Quad Rail and am waiting for the wrench needed to really tighten the lock nut that locks on the FF Tube.  I will post pictures on the CV-22 Range Report Thread once its all back together.  I have also saw several other threads on this forum that show threaded V-22 barrel so I recommend finding another gunsmith...you can ship it to ADCO and they'll do it for $40-45, cant remember which.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:24:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm holding off sending it out until it feeds low-power rounds more reliably.  No problem with cci mini-mags but std. velocity rounds were not cycling.  I tore it down and lubed the bolt up but haven't tested it yet.  

Since I want to put a can on it, there's not much point in threading the barrel if I can't shoot regular or low-velocity ammo.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:03:41 PM EDT
[#5]
motopix,

Good Luck, if you figure out how to make it eat anything cheaper than MiniMags, definately post what the secret is...I have resigned myself to the 3.30/box CCIStingers, more than I'd like but still better than 5.56.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top