Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2005 2:45:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 3:51:05 AM EDT
[#1]
This sounds like a great idea.

My MSTN 6.8 still doesn’t have a dedicated lower. What a perfect combination!

Any hints as to who will be making these? Will it have a “MSTN” rollmark?

Now to just find the $$$.
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 4:11:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds real nice...any ballpark $$$. I'm picking up a lower this weekend. But can always use another one.. .

So whoever wants one can pick from the list of parts you've mentioned correct?
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 5:34:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, sounds good, very good.  Suggestions I would hope be taken seriously:

1.  Make the selling price less than what we'd expect to pay for the sum total of the parts involved.

2.  Please keep roll marks to a small and to a bare minimum as required by law.  Avoid logos, please.

3.  Offer 6.8mm SPC markings or preferably "Multi Caliber" markings.

Good luck.....plastic standing by.
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 9:53:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Considering I've put together three lowers with combinations of those specs I would say it sounds like a sweet deal. Especially with the KAC trigger option.

Of course price is what makes things reality in buying/selling.
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 9:58:09 AM EDT
[#5]

BUTTSTOCK:MAGPUL

TRIGGER:KNIGHT'S 2-STAGE

TRIGGER GUARD: MAGPUL ENHANCED ALLOY

PISTOL GRIP:MAGPUL MIAD

RECEIVER END PLATE: MAGPUL KAC QD Stud

OTHER OPTIONS:
NORGON AMBI MAG CATCH
H2 BUFFER

My 0.02 - but I can't buy them anyway  Unless Wes wants to run a Canadian group buy that makes the export hassle worthwhile (25 or so)
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 10:05:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's my order!
Great idea, WES!

BUTTSTOCK:  LMT/SOPMOD with KAC QD Sling Swivel

TRIGGER:  KNIGHT'S 2-STAGE 3.5 lb

TRIGGER GUARD:  STANDARD (aluminum)

PISTOL GRIP:  HOGUE

RECEIVER END PLATE:  KNIGHT'S SINGLE POINT MOUNT WITH HEAVY DUTY QD SWIVEL

OTHER OPTIONS:  NORGON AMBI MAG CATCH, AMBI SELECTOR,  H2 BUFFER
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 11:17:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Damn... And I thought WES got all my money already...

Spooky
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 11:24:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like a great idea.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 12:01:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 12:47:36 PM EDT
[#10]
In like Flint.
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 1:02:02 PM EDT
[#11]
could those of us who already bought the rest of our rifles from you get the stripped lowers so we can finish off our MSTN rifles?
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 1:14:34 PM EDT
[#12]
It would be especially nice if you can set up your website so that someone can just click the options they want, kind of like the Gateway site when you're customizing a computer.  Have the individual upgrade prices next to each item and a running total at the bottom.
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 2:15:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Good idea Wes. Who's lowers you going to use?
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 2:30:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I got WES to have a complete LMT lower drop shipped to me...  Had a SOPMOD/Cranes stock and LMT two-stage in it...  WES can do some of this already...  I've learned that WES can do almost anything with an AR-15/M-16 platform, all you need to do is ask and have a credit card ready!

Spooky
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 2:45:07 PM EDT
[#15]

I've learned that WES can do almost anything, all you need to do is ask and have a credit card ready!

I don't want to know!

Seriously though, would love to see the Accuracy Speaks single stage added to the list for trigger options.
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 3:10:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
WHAT WOULD YOU THINK OF THIS... AN AR-15 SEMI LOWER RECEIVER FROM AN ACKNOWLEDGED TOP QUALITY MANUFACTURER, THAT YOU COULD BY STRAIGHT FROM THE FACTORY WITH YOUR CHOICE OF:

BUTTSTOCK:

STANDARD
VLTOR
LMT/SOPMOD
MAGPUL

TRIGGER:

STANDARD
KNIGHT'S 2-STAGE
MCCORMICK SINGLE STAGE OR TWO STAGE, STRAIGHT OR CURVED

TRIGGER GUARD:

STANDARD
MAGPUL ENHANCED ALLOY
MAGPUL MIAD

PISTOL GRIP:

STANDARD
MAGPUL MIAD
SIERRA PRECISION
HOGUE
TANGO DOWN
ERGO

RECEIVER END PLATE:

STANDARD
DIETER/CQD
KNIGHT'S SINGLE POINT MOUNT WITH HEAVY DUTY QD SWIVEL

OTHER OPTIONS:

NORGON AMBI MAG CATCH
AMBI SELECTOR
H BUFFER OR H2 BUFFER

WE'RE GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN.

WES GRANT
M.S.T.N.

I believe that it would only be a nice option if the end user would see a price break....on the above or limit the options so that way their should be a savings....if not than what would be the advantage?

Ant
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 3:27:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I believe that it would only be a nice option if the end user would see a price break....on the above or limit the options so that way their should be a savings....if not than what would be the advantage?

Ant

Don't forget the one stop shopping saving on shipping + taxes alone, any where from $5 to $30 per item if order seperately. Too many people say I bought item X from so & so for $X cheaper than anyone else, but fail to include all the costs in the overall cost.  Depending on the final details and pricing, this sounds like a very good deal. Wes has outlined a pretty robust set of configurations to meet all budgets.
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 3:33:13 PM EDT
[#18]

BUTTSTOCK: MAGPUL

TRIGGER: MCCORMICK SINGLE STAGE, CURVED

TRIGGER GUARD: STANDARD

PISTOL GRIP: ERGO

RECEIVER END PLATE: STANDARD

OTHER OPTIONS: AMBI SELECTOR

Link Posted: 5/10/2005 3:47:33 PM EDT
[#19]
These are all well and good-- but what we need is a stock lower that will take M3 Grease Gun mags. There are a lot of projects going unfinished for the want of such a beast.
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
all you need to do is ask and have a credit card ready!
Spooky

Quite possibly the only BAD thing about MSTN!!!  
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 7:02:33 PM EDT
[#22]
great idea tagged
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 8:06:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 8:41:45 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ant

Don't forget the one stop shopping saving on shipping + taxes alone, any where from $5 to $30 per item if order seperately. Too many people say I bought item X from so & so for $X cheaper than anyone else, but fail to include all the costs in the overall cost.  Depending on the final details and pricing, this sounds like a very good deal. Wes has outlined a pretty robust set of configurations to meet all budgets.

Their you go! Thats what I over looked, and why 2 great minds are better than 1
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 3:06:59 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ant

Their you go! Thats what I over looked, and why 2 great minds are better than 1

Yup
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 9:46:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 5:51:54 AM EDT
[#27]
bump
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 7:02:00 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
FORTUNATELY FOR THE AR15 COMMUNITY, STAG ARMS IS RUN BY TRUE AR15 ENTHUSIASTS, WHO WELCOME THIS OPPORTUNITY TO SHOWCASE THE QUALITY OF THEIR PRODUCTS. YES, WE WILL BE USING STAG LOWERS, ALONG WITH MORE STAG PRODUCTS IN UPCOMING M.S.T.N. CUSTOM BUILDS.

WES GRANT
M.S.T.N.

I might as well ask since some will inherently do so later, is the normal Stag Lower marking on the magwell?
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 7:55:57 PM EDT
[#30]
I'd buy one if it was truly cheaper than installing the parts myself.  But I imagine that would be hard to do because it's cheaper to put together a regular lower with an A2 or 6 pos. stock than it is to buy a complete lower with the same parts.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 7:41:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:07:57 AM EDT
[#32]
CMT/Stag was my guess for your intended source. Personally, and I don’t think that I’m alone, I don’t really care for the deer logo. An MSTN logo would be preferred, but maybe quantity issues would prevent that.

I don’t dislike the logo enough to keep me away from this purchase though.

What’s the time-frame on this Wes?
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:25:07 AM EDT
[#33]
I know quite a few Canadians that would PAY for a MSTN logo/built gun - if we coudl work out and export.  I'm guess I could get at least 25 perhaps more.

Cheers

Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:55:54 AM EDT
[#34]
An MSTN logo is fitting for this build...I agree Stag lowers are excellent,  just picked one up 2 days ago and I'm impressed.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 3:47:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:40:25 PM EDT
[#36]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=273858

It doesn't look like there is any discount.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:17:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:02:15 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Wes,

Why not just get an FFL and build them yourself.

It sounds like a logistical nightmare.  Many of  the parts options you list are likely to be on back-order from time to time.  McCormick triggers for example.  Also I can calculate the build cost depending on the complexity of the build and the time involved.

Personally I don't really see the sense of having Stag do the builds.  You metion 'factory built' is Stag going to warranty parts that they did not produce ?

I just keep lowers in stock and build them to the customers spec.  Of course I have an FFL so stocking lowers is not a problem

Denny 07/02 Class 3 manufacturer.

+1

That way the customer doesn't end up paying for a CMT stock and/or standard trigger group that he won't be using (base price plus upgrade price).
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:04:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:38:07 AM EDT
[#40]
One wrench in the works on assembly of a Stag and a MagPul: Stag lowers are machined in the buffer tube area a little tighter than the Colt spec, so that standard buttstock buffer extensions are "tight" to the customer.  The MagPul buffer tube is threaded to be "tight" in the original Colt spec.  Put the two together and you have something too tight to get much more than 3 turns in before it siezes up.

Ask Rich at MagPul, he'll tell ya, as apparently he deals with this all the time from customers.  It requires that you run a tap through the Stag lower AND a tap over the MagPul tube.  Pain in the ass, as it requires about $120 in extra tools and removes the hard coat annodizing from the tube and the lower in the threads.

Tom  
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:46:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:39:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:54:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:56:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Wes,

I'm just trying to add some insight here to maybe make your endeavor a little better.  I could purchase a stripped Stag lower ($85), Stag LPK ($64), KAC two-stage ($300), and LMT Crane stock ($263) and have the complete lower built for $712, not counting the the transfer fee or shipping.  The same lower according to your pricing would cost $749 not including transfer fee or shipping.  If I ordered the parts from Denny, it's only like a buck for shipping.  And lets face it, building a lower is child's play.  The only useful tools to build one is either a hammer and a nail or a pair of channel locks.  Either way, I'm paying for a standard trigger that I'm not using, but your way I'm also paying for a stock that I won't be using (the standard M4 type that is included in the base price).  Would the standard trigger and standard stock that I'm paying extra for even be included with my lower?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:40:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:07:06 PM EDT
[#47]
tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top