Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/27/2003 2:41:04 PM EDT
What's the lowdown on mags from Cheaper Than Dirt? 30 round steel AR mags for 13.97. I got one and it says COLT AR-15 on the plate. Made in the USA.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:04:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 4:06:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/28/2003 4:08:24 PM EDT by Red-Leg]
While Troy may sound harsh, his words are very true. The only steel mags worth a damn are the British surplus currently on the market. Everything else is junk. Stick with USGI and you can't go wrong. Many of your questions can be answered in the tacked thread at the top of the page ([url=http://www.ecis.com/~mraudio/FAQs/AR15_Mag_FAQ.htm]MagFAQ[/url]). Good luck! Edited to make link hot.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:17:33 AM EDT
Those CTD AR-15 mags are the pits. Most are manufactured by USA mags, who I have found is a less than reputible manufacturer, who DOES NOT stand behind its products, as I have learned the hard way. After 30-days, CTD will not stand behind its products either, yet another lesson I have learned the hard way. You can get NIW USGI LaBelle mags from RGuns for only $25 each and that's probably your best deal. Some of the "used in good condition" USGI mags that I've purchased from my fellow AR15 readers from the E/E board on this site have been somewhat below my expectations and I've been burned a few times, so caveat emptor. See the comments section on who the "bad boys" are and don't buy from them. Hope this helps out. Tight Groups, phoenix27
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:26:09 PM EDT
I just built my first AR yesterday. With the CTD mag, the bolt would not open if closed and would not close if open. Took it to the gun shop where the guy put in a mag from England and it worked flawlessly. The CTD mags really are nothing but junk.
Top Top